Nettalk

florida pete

Feb 10, 2011
Has anyone installed nettalk?

Android does it work?

I have just installd it, And opened an acount.
everytime I try and dial a number all it does is ring on my S7 but not on the phone I'm calling

Are there anyother setting I need to change?

Many thanks

Regards Pete

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have it installed and have it working. I don't use it much, but I have it just incase I need it.

Are you trying to call by using a contact, or dialing the number? I have had problems when I try and dial from contacts of it not actually calling out. However if you dial the actual number I have not had any problems with it working.

florida pete

Feb 10, 2011
Hi Kev

I just type in the my home number and hit the call button, all it does is ring ring ring
and the call never goes through?

any ideas?

thanks for replying

regards pete

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Not sure. I just tried mine and it would not make a call at all. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked again. Maybe something you might want to try.

jeanne8fr

Mar 30, 2011
Hello, Could I possibly get a copy of NetTalk?. I have it on my iphone and I would love to get it on this little tablet I just received. I looked everywhere for it but the market won't let me download. It says it can't find it..

Thanks,

Jeannette

jane8h_AT_gmail.com

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
I just finished installing nettalk, registered, activated, and made a call to my phone no probs.

Also called a friend in another state no problem, except they could barely hear me. Even with mouth close to the mic they said i sounded faint and far away.

Cool app tho!

Sent from my Ideos S7

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
@Jeanne..... Search in market for nettalk no space...... It comes right up. If your market is giving error, then uninstall market updates and it will download fine.

@Pete...... You did go to your email and click the activate link? Must activate before you can call out.

Sent from my Ideos S7

Last edited:

jeanne8fr

Mar 30, 2011
I can see it on the market place but it won't let me download to my device. The device is grayed out. I did manage to get a copy installed and it works. I would be interested to know how I can tell the market place to let ME decide what I can install or not. This is a pain.
I might as well stick with my iPhone or get an iPad. At least it lets me install anything I want.

Jeannette

@Jeanne..... Search in market for nettalk no space...... It comes right up. If your market is giving error, then uninstall market updates and it will download fine.

Sent from my Ideos S7

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
I can see it on the market place but it won't let me download to my device. The device is grayed out. I did manage to get a copy installed and it works. I would be interested to know how I can tell the market place to let ME decide what I can install or not. This is a pain.
I might as well stick with my iPhone or get an iPad. At least it lets me install anything I want.

Jeannette
me to on the market access, as for the iphone and ipad thing, site name androidtablets not Icrap, many here don't give a rats about that name include myself.....

Last edited:

jeanne8fr

Mar 30, 2011
Well I have Windows, Ubuntu Linux, iphone & Android. They all have good points and bad one also.
No need to become an extremist for or against any of them. It's only toys.

Jeannette

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Jeanne thats wierd its greyed out in your market.... we have same s7's and my market worked fine after uninstalling market updates, due to the market glitch.

Maybe try reinstall market?

Glad you got it installed.

@Tumpy.... Many of us will agree that this forum is no place for your type of reply!

Sent from my Ideos S7

Last edited:

jeanne8fr

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for your help. My market app keeps updating itself whenever i open it. I looked for a setting to stop it doing thar but couldn't find one. I can see how to stop the installed apps from upgrading but not the market app itself.

Jeannette

Jeanne thats wierd its greyed out in your market.... we have same s7's and my market worked fine after uninstalling market updates, due to the market glitch.

Maybe try reinstall market?

Glad you got it installed.

@Tumpy.... Many of us will agree that this forum is no place for your type of reply!

Sent from my Ideos S7

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
The market app seems to be having some problems with our s7 since one of their last updates. Our only fix so far until they fix it, is to go into applications - manage apps, click market and uninstall updates.

After you get what you want from market and close it, the next time you launch it it will update and the problem starts again.

Yes its a pain, but for now we are stuck with it. Hopefully when we get our 2.2 this will be resolved.

Sent from my Ideos S7

Last edited:

7valleys

Apr 13, 2011
Installed Nettalk on my 2.2.2 S7, it actually works better on the S7 than my iPhone. I'm using the same account on both devices.