Network Printing from an Acer Iconia Tablet

Hoibie

Sep 20, 2011
OK, I admit I should have checked this more thoroughly. I just bought an Acer Iconia Tablet. I do like it. However, printing is something of a frustrating mystery. I've done some research on it and I'm coming to ask for advice.

I choose not to run Chrome. Just trust me - I despise it for a number of reasons, good and bad. So Google Cloud is not an option I want to employ.

The printer itself is wired (Cat-5) into my broadband router. It is not in and of itself a "wireless" printer. The Canon MX700 works fine off the network from my other PCs and laptops. I had to load the Canon software at each site in order to get a correct handshake. And this may be where I'm going to be stymied.

Is there no way to command the Acer or Android OS to print to this device? I know what its name is, I know what it's IP add is. I've worn out my "Settings" exploration looking for a door to open.

Am I sunk?

H

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Try printershare mobile print, its supposed to find the network printer on your network. I use it with my wireless printer and it works great. Maybe a quick email to the app developer will answer whether it will work with your configuration.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk