New? 32gb Built In Storage

mgammal

May 26, 2011
I got my A500 from Qatar last week and it has 32 GB internal memory. Didn't see any 16 GBs around here

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

kes601

May 23, 2011
Interesting, here they had no 32gb ones and all had seen online was 16gb. Oh well, no news here then, move along :)

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I actually noticed that BEFORE the Iconia a500 was even launched (in the USA at least), sites were giving mixed information. Some were saying that it had 16GB and others were saying 32GB. It really didnt matter to me since I wasnt expecting to use too much internal memory (currently only using aeon nd 2GB), but I had always assumed that the sites saying that the tablet would be 32GB were simply wrong and/or misinformed.

kes601

May 23, 2011
hhgregg's site actually shows both 16gb and 32gb, slightly different model numbers.

SmoothSnake

May 18, 2011
I live in Western Canada (Alberta), the only one available here is the 32 gig version priced $499 Cdn, there is not a 16 gig version available.

bruce wayne

May 20, 2011
I live in Western Canada (Alberta), the only one available here is the 32 gig version priced $499 Cdn, there is not a 16 gig version available.

over here in ontario the 32 gb ones seems to be the only ones around.... for 499 also... which is the same price as the 32 transformer

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Ive been looking the internet to feed my curiosity on this issue. It seems that there IS a 32GB version, but it isnt sold in the USA. This is pretty unfair really, because the price difference between the 16 and 32GB versions arent too much and I wouldve payed the difference for a 32GB version if they were the same other than internal storage.

I was looking on the UK Amazon site and they are sold there too.
Also, they have some nice cases I have never seen before. I was thinking of buying one (has access to the memory card slot, which I was looking for... and is only $24 USD -S&H!!!) but not sure if Amazon UK will have things shipped to the US.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Ive been looking the internet to feed my curiosity on this issue. It seems that there IS a 32GB version, but it isnt sold in the USA. This is pretty unfair really, because the price difference between the 16 and 32GB versions arent too much and I wouldve payed the difference for a 32GB version if they were the same other than internal storage.

I was looking on the UK Amazon site and they are sold there too.
Also, they have some nice cases I have never seen before. I was thinking of buying one (has access to the memory card slot, which I was looking for... and is only $24 USD -S&H!!!) but not sure if Amazon UK will have things shipped to the US.
I just placed an order for a case from Amazon UK and it appears that yes, they do deliver to the States. I paid a total of $43.04 but I like the case I'm getting.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
My A500 bought from Amazon here in Germany is 32 Gb. In fact I thonk that's still the only model shipping, though the 16Gb model is now available for pre-order, for 50 Euros less than the 32 Gb model. It seems the US is about the only place they started selling the 16 Gb model first.

kes601

May 23, 2011
Sort of makes sense, the 16gb version undercuts the iPad by $50. I would have gone for 32gb had ot been available here.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
What case did you get?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

I know you werent asking me this, but here is a good case that I found on the Amazon UK site (I will buy it very soon since I guess they will ship to the US). Im wondering if it is the same one that Raven312 bought.
Navitech Black Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It looks nicer than the Acer one, but helluva lot cheaper than the PDAir one, and it has access to the memory card slot.

EDIT:
Also comes in brown:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0051UKL6M/ref=pd_luc_sbs_01_02

EDIT 2:
Just bought the black one and total USD (price + S&H) is around $33. Not too shabby, not too shabby!

Last edited:

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
I know you werent asking me this, but here is a good case that I found on the Amazon UK site (I will buy it very soon since I guess they will ship to the US). Im wondering if it is the same one that Raven312 bought.
Navitech Black Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It looks nicer than the Acer one, but helluva lot cheaper than the PDAir one, and it has access to the memory card slot.

EDIT:
Also comes in brown:
Navitech Brown Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

EDIT 2:
Just bought the black one and total USD (price + S&H) is around $33. Not too shabby, not too shabby!

Please let us know how you like it and post some pictures if you can. I think many people might be interested in getting a case like this one.

Thanks,
Gerry