New A500 3.1 - needs to be rooted

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Clever.. but with that I bet you could do it. Check out the link I have posted a few replies ago, and just read through it. If any part does t make sense, I'll attempt to explain it, if that helps.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Deabee

Aug 22, 2011
mine says it is 1.0 ghz and when I read the steps in a previous posting for rooting, it seems to be for a phone or tablet running windows or something other then android.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
No I meant you can get it to 1.6GHz, 1GHz is standard. And you might be confusing some of the steps that involve a PC, well in some guides at least. There's a ABD crap which is all on windows, and some file packaging, but it all ties back to your Tab. But I didnt mess with any of that, with the guide I used.

Deabee

Aug 22, 2011
I saw your link posting about rooting that only has 6 steps to root, is that really all there is to it? The only thing that scares me off, if that is all that is needed to root is when I click to allow unknown sources I get the message that "damage to my tablet or loss of data may result". That's as bad as when the PC asks me if I "am sure I want to continue with " whatever I am doing. I'm NEVER sure, I'm just guessing with trial and error and I don't want to mess up my tablet.

And which APK file would I want to download?

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
For the iconia root apk, just go with the most recent. And yeah.. it can be scary. But if it makes you feel better, just back up whatever you can or need to, then jump in. It worked for me, but there's always the chance something could go wrong. I say go for it, but the choice is yours :)

Deabee

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks, will try this in the daylight hours when I can concentrate better. You have been very helpful and encouraging with your support. Will let you know how I do.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
That's what happen to me.

Already rooted and got my second update for 3.1, when the OTA for 3.2 arrived I updated again.

And that's why my root privilege has gone.

Hoping to find another root application to break this 3.2 dilemma so I can root my A500 Tablet again.

Anyways, I can access all my external drives (500GB & 1TB's - NTSF) and watch all my videos on it - ALL FORMAT!

Last edited:

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Just search around (xda especially) for the 3.2 exploit for the A500. And good luck too ;)