New A500 - Best free stuff to put on there

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
You have a new tablet and wonder where can I find a list of the best free stuff that is worth looking at.

Here is a pretty good list to get started with:

Best Free Android Apps

Just scroll down and take a look at the list. There are others, but this is a good start for the new tablet user.

Ken

dlbott

Aug 4, 2012
ok, tab is on the way. wanted to download and store some apps up to put on there when it gets here. But, i have not found anyone explaining how to do that. Everything says do it from your tablet. That is fine, but, the point is i want to have a bunch of them downloaded and on a usb stick or sd card ready to put on there when it gets here, which will be a few days. Google play says set it up on your tablet. Is there not a way to download the apps onto computer to transfer them when the tab gets here. I could have a bunch ready to go and save allot of time. I know there must be a way. Ok, all, help a new acer owner out here, lol...

thanks

don

karbar32

Jul 9, 2012
ok, tab is on the way. wanted to download and store some apps up to put on there when it gets here. But, i have not found anyone explaining how to do that. Everything says do it from your tablet. That is fine, but, the point is i want to have a bunch of them downloaded and on a usb stick or sd card ready to put on there when it gets here, which will be a few days. Google play says set it up on your tablet. Is there not a way to download the apps onto computer to transfer them when the tab gets here. I could have a bunch ready to go and save allot of time. I know there must be a way. Ok, all, help a new acer owner out here, lol...

thanks

don

The tablet wil come with a web browser already installed. Once you power up the tablet, go thru setup, and configure internet access, going to Google Play using that browser with allow you to download the apps to it. That browser-when visiting GP, will also feature a notice under each app letting you know if it's compatible with the Acer 500 or not.
Accessing GP (to download apps) will require signing up to Gmail/Google services.

Last edited:

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011

Make a list of the Apps you'd like. When the A500 arrives, set up Google Play (log in) on both the Android and your home PC, wifi and all. You'll be able to install the Apps from either the A500 or from the PC, via wifi, which is much simpler than by memory cards. And updates can happen unattended.

Last edited: