New ACER A700/A701 Specs leak out

Nov 19, 2011
Just read this so who knows if this will even hit market.
Traditional PC makers like Dell and HP believe they have no advantages in the tablet market, and plan to phase out from competing with Apple's iPad, along with low-end tablets from content providers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble, in 2012.
Along with Hewlett-Packard and Dell, other "pure" PC makers like Acer and Asus plan to gradually exit the tablet market next year, industry sources told DigiTimes. The main reason is said to be that they cannot provide content like Apple, Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
here's the link: AppleInsider | Major PC makers plan to concede tablet market to Apple, Amazon in 2012

Android's share of the tablet market grows to 27% in one year | Android Central
Android owns 27% or so of the tablet market. Most tablets running android are very similar. I would personally buy a android tegra 3 quad core tablet with 1080p playback. Besides, someone else will release one even if acer does not.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I'm still not sure what you mean. What does apple insider have to do with this?
The source links go directly to acers support site
I can see it plain and clear - Apple and its supports intentionally attempting to drive down interest. Lets not forget that Jobs hated Android and called it a stolen product. of course implying that google stole the Android system from Apple. Nothing could be further from the truth. Both iOS and Android are linux unix based. Google bought Android just as Apple bought iOS. Apple can't stand competition because their products may not be as good as they seem - as competition has proven in the past.