New AMLogic Based iRobot A907 Cortex-A9 with Mali GPU Android 2.2 Tablet PC

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
New AMLogic Based iRobot A907 Cortex-A9 with Mali GPU Android 2.2 Tablet PC

3.31-3_3.jpg

We currently only have the white and resistive touch screen version in stock. Will update once the capacitive screen is in.

Check out our website for more info here:-
iRobot A907 AMLogic Cortex-A9 Android 2.2 Tablet

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Looks good. Hoping to see some pictures and some videos of this thing in action.

tstonick

Jan 11, 2011
Updated 6-2-11:

I have two of these in black. There is no camera. The description that the vendor I bought from on ALIExpress also said they were dual core, but they're not. Nevertheless, they are very sturdy, the screen is excellent and they are very fast. They worked great with a 32GB sd card too. My only problem was I tried the custom W10 firmware without making a backup and it semi-bricked them. I'm currently trying to build my own images, but I can' figure out the password to get the git repo from amlogic to build the correct image for the version of the board that's in these guys.

I have obtained from AMLogic a request form for getting at the repository. I will submit this form and hopefully be able to deliver some firmware in the near future. If you want the form, PM me.

Last edited:

alohomora

Jun 1, 2011
I have one and i'm so disappointed!

1 - market always crashes;
2 - impossible to install applications - there is always forever to install;
3 - menu "Settings" crashes sometimes

conclusion: the firmware is so bad! I have done several reset's and does not resolve.

can someone help me?

lhl

Jul 7, 2011
I also picked one up from AliExpress to evaluate. Initial thoughts:

* 2.2 has some fit and finish issues - weird FC's and the way the notifications is glitched is downright hilarious.

Model number: MID_C_070A
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.34
Build number: V0.51.00.MID.eng20110613.095356

* Touchscreen testing shows the resistive screen to be fairly accurate (when not charging), however keyboard response is super glitchy. Have to assume this is a software issue.

* I was told USB charging was possible, however, when plugged into high-power (2A+) USB ports, I get nothing. Anyone have any luck? This is a dealbreaker for me.

* I saw some mentions of this being dual core. Not the case:

cpuinfo:
AMLOGIC MESON-M1 8726M SZ
1 Core
BogoMIPS: 398.67

* This thing gets ridiculous Quadrant scores (2600+), which aren't representative of its speed. It's not that fast. Here's some browser benchmarks, which are more realistic:

SunSpider 0.91: 5536.9ms +/-1.5%
V8 Benchmark v6: 218

This is about 15% and 25% (respectively) slower than my EVO 4G (1GHz Snapdragon on CM7.02).

In my first battery run-down testing (simple page refreshing every 10s w/ the screen on maximum brightness), it lasted just over 2h. I'll be taking it apart later so will see what the battery actually says, but I'm not impressed (also, interesting but the voltage seems to max out pretty low, may have to calibrate). If anyone has good testing/battery info tools they want to recommend, please lmk.

This is my first modern Shanzai tablet - a big improvement over the MIDs I played w/ a couple years ago, but I wouldn't wish this experience on a regular consumer... unless I really didn't like them. ;) I have a few more tablets coming in over the next few weeks that I'll be testing, may post either here or on Slatedroid if anyone is interested.

JohnnyInBris

Jun 27, 2011
Hi lhl, you dont happen to have a link to the firmware do you? My aliexpress supplier sent me a link to V0.51_20110612_GoogleLicenseAPP_3G firmware that I installed but the touchscreen is now 90 deg rotated compared to the display and I can only use it with a mouse.

iwantantono

Jul 12, 2011
I got problem with the screen. when charging it worst. when not its better but hard to use too. i tried to calibrate but not helping very much.
the volume button didn't work. error its become home button.
the bar showing signal for gsm. but the tablet cannot handle gsm card.

any way to fix this error.
i afraid of flashing new rom. but if you test it. i will try it too.
where can i find this new roms?

I also picked one up from AliExpress to evaluate. Initial thoughts:

* 2.2 has some fit and finish issues - weird FC's and the way the notifications is glitched is downright hilarious.

Model number: MID_C_070A
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.34
Build number: V0.51.00.MID.eng20110613.095356

* Touchscreen testing shows the resistive screen to be fairly accurate (when not charging), however keyboard response is super glitchy. Have to assume this is a software issue.

* I was told USB charging was possible, however, when plugged into high-power (2A+) USB ports, I get nothing. Anyone have any luck? This is a dealbreaker for me.

* I saw some mentions of this being dual core. Not the case:

cpuinfo:
AMLOGIC MESON-M1 8726M SZ
1 Core
BogoMIPS: 398.67

* This thing gets ridiculous Quadrant scores (2600+), which aren't representative of its speed. It's not that fast. Here's some browser benchmarks, which are more realistic:

SunSpider 0.91: 5536.9ms +/-1.5%
V8 Benchmark v6: 218

This is about 15% and 25% (respectively) slower than my EVO 4G (1GHz Snapdragon on CM7.02).

In my first battery run-down testing (simple page refreshing every 10s w/ the screen on maximum brightness), it lasted just over 2h. I'll be taking it apart later so will see what the battery actually says, but I'm not impressed (also, interesting but the voltage seems to max out pretty low, may have to calibrate). If anyone has good testing/battery info tools they want to recommend, please lmk.

This is my first modern Shanzai tablet - a big improvement over the MIDs I played w/ a couple years ago, but I wouldn't wish this experience on a regular consumer... unless I really didn't like them. ;) I have a few more tablets coming in over the next few weeks that I'll be testing, may post either here or on Slatedroid if anyone is interested.

Oxide

Jul 23, 2011
lhl i have the exact same tablet as you and have no luck with the USB charging either, just shows up as a AMLOGIC MID USB device when rooted, before i rooted the tablet it showed up as the HTC Dream wich i found quite funny. but im also wondering if anyone has made a custom rom for this one..im slowly working on fixing up the stock rom but would love to find a custom one too.

Classpro

Jul 26, 2011
I just received my tablet. No problem rooting with z4root, but how do I get the android market working? I am using v0.01.mid.eng.charles.20110621.111317. Thanks in advance for any help getting market working.

princeover

Aug 28, 2011
Unfortunately, I have this device. Since the loaded soft bad business, loaded from Amlogic company. After that the tablet died completely. I tried different softow on SD Card, different combinations of keys. Nothing could. Now I can not load u- boot true. To all who will often want to change the software does not recommend this tablet.

princeover

Aug 28, 2011
Please help.
Does anybody know how to use the JTAG interface to load uboot to memory?
Unfortunately the run method described above with the tablet via the SD card not working.
Thank you

riadi11

Sep 8, 2011
Updated 6-2-11:

I have two of these in black. There is no camera. The description that the vendor I bought from on ALIExpress also said they were dual core, but they're not. Nevertheless, they are very sturdy, the screen is excellent and they are very fast. They worked great with a 32GB sd card too. My only problem was I tried the custom W10 firmware without making a backup and it semi-bricked them. I'm currently trying to build my own images, but I can' figure out the password to get the git repo from amlogic to build the correct image for the version of the board that's in these guys.

I have obtained from AMLogic a request form for getting at the repository. I will submit this form and hopefully be able to deliver some firmware in the near future. If you want the form, PM me.

hi tstonick.
do you have the firmware yet?

Dacam

Sep 14, 2011
Hi, I'm looking for better firmware too. Also can anyone confirm (excuse my lack of knowledge on these things) but my tablet doesn't seem to support multi-touch. I believe its got the resistive screen. Is this correct or does it need update to support?

Got: MID_C_070A
Android 2.2.1
Kernel 2.6.34
Build V0.51.00.MID.eng20110613.095356