New and need Help

kdpeterson68

Jul 21, 2011
Hi ya'll,

My name is Karen from Texas. I am new to this site, tablet pc's and android. I just got a refurbed Sylvania 7in. Tablet. It came with 2.2. I was wondering if it needed to be rooted (don't know what that means or how to do it). Last night I was checking out the different ports to see if everything was working. I hooked up my flash drive to the mini usb adapter to see if I could access the files that were on there. It came up saying preparing card. I couldn't ever figure out how to access the files, this morning I attached my flash drive to my lapttop and all of my files are GONE :(. Please tell me there is a way to recover my files that were on the flashdrive and if they may be on my tablet somewhere.:confused:

TIA

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Karen, welcome to the forum. I notice you also posted this to the Sylvania Tablets section, that's where your questions should be posted. You're most likely to receive an answer there, since that's where the folks who know your tablet are located. Unfortunately, I'm thinking the news will not be good.

kdpeterson68

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks, spider. I wasn't sure where to post it so I posted in both places. I am so totally freaking out cause I don't want to have to go email to email searching for attachments and replacing everything that was on that flashdrive. Totally blows.