New Android User: HP TouchPad w/ CM7.1 Alpha

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by Kaerey, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Kaerey

Kaerey Member

Tablet / Device:
    HP TouchPad (webOS & CM7)
    Just trying to learn more about Android now that I have it on my Dual Boot TouchPad with webOS and CM7.1

So far, there's not a lot keeping me on Android and I actually boot back into webOS when ever I need to do heavy email, calendar or other business type tasks because it really is that much easier. So I'm hoping that's just my comfort level with webOS and I can find ways to do those things more efficiently in Android. I come from PalmOS to webOS (Palm Pre-) to iPhone4 and now the TouchPad with webOS and CM7.

I'd like to get more into customizing the home screen areas, and find a way to organize the apps a little better. I'll be scouring these forums for tips on customizing, and the little tweaks that will make android that much better for me.

Had recommendations of:
    Widget Locker
    Advanced Clock
    Koi Pond Live Wallpaper
    Perfect Task Switcher
    Opera Mobile
    Application Folder Pro

Hopefully with these and other recommendations I can end the trips back to webOS (unless webOS actually gets some updates!)

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi Kaerey, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Touchpad. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

3. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    XOOM & HP Touchpad