New Asus Transformer owner

lhandlts

Jul 5, 2011
Hi All.

Just posting to say I bought a new Asus Transformer and am very happy with it. Played around with an Acer Iconia as well but I think the Asus just suits me better. Thanks.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
What about the transformer did you prefer over the A500? They looked very similar for me, except for some obvious things like manufacturer, and the more dedicated keyboard, I mean, do you use the keyboard? Do you have 3.1 yet?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

lhandlts

Jul 5, 2011
I do have 3.1 on my TF. Some things I liked about the TF better...

It's a little lighter and the backside is slightly rough making it easier to hold in one hand. The Acer felt like it was easier to slip out.
The FF camera is better positioned when using google talk for video chat. With the Acer, it's on the left side I think which was annoying.
The Acer's (I tried two) turned on by themselves for some reason even if I didn't touch the screen. The Asus never did that.
The Asus just seemed run smoother. I have very rarely had to force close anything or had the browser unexpectedly close.

I really wanted to like the Acer because of the builtin USB ports and non-proprietary charging cable but it just didn't do what i wanted it to do.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Hmm yeah I've noticed those on my A500, but thanks for the info :) the transformer looked nice, but like you said, the USB port had me sold. Its very nice for keyboards/mice and esp files off of a flash drive. Doesn't the transformer have a USB port on the keyboard?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum