New BenQ Tablet scheduled for early 2011, AKA CES

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
bentab.jpg

This year at CES is certainly looking to be one amazing show with new devices coming into the scene and it look as if this new tablet is one of them. The new BenQ R100 tablet is one of the first tablets that are expected to be released early next year, which means a CES presentation is expected. The new tablet is a bit over 10 inches, with HDMI out, 8 GB internal memory, and a 12 hour battery life (if you can believe BenQ).

Many of you readers have exercised your dislike for most new Android tablet being released to the Market these days, so what do you think about this one? I mean the processor is not going to win a speed race anytime soon, but from what I see, it might be competitively priced.
Here are the specs:
  • Dimensions: 15mm thick; 191x244mm.
  • Weight: 720 grams.
  • 10.1" 1024 x 600 resolution LCD display.
  • Samsung ARM-based 833MHz processor.
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity.
  • HDMI output.
  • 8GB internal memory.
  • SD card slot up to 16GB of additional storage.
  • Up to 12 hours battery life (BenQ claim).

How does this new tablet scratch you?

(Source: Android Central)

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
I learned a big lesson this year with tablets, and that's customer support. With all the choices that are going to be available, what decides it for me, is weather they back up their product with firmware updates, that there is someone to call when I have problems with the device. Will they drop the product when they develop a more advanced device. Accesories are becoming very handy aswell for instince, i dont want to start splicing wires so I can have a car charger. I think the safe bet fo me is waiting to see if barnes & noble stays true to the 2.2 update. If they do I will be buying the next one that developed next year.

fbales

May 5, 2010
I see a lot of these companies jumping on the bandwagon just to make some quick sales during the tablet feeding frenzy. I'm only interested in the companies that are in it to build a lasting product. So for me, the most interesting tablet to date is Notion Ink's Adam. Frankly I've never experienced a company as open (I think transparent is the new word) as Notion Ink. And watching their videos has really got me wanting one of these. HOWEVER, I'm still waiting a while. I do want to see what's released at CES. I'm especially interested in Motorola's honeycomb tablet (actually any tablet with honeycomb), and I want to take a close look at Blackberry's tablet, and HPs slate with WebOS. I will be watching Windows tablets as well simply because I use Excel a lot, and there just isn't a better spreadsheet. I don't like Apple, never have, never will, but I will give them kudos for developing a tablet people actually want to use, and for starting us down the road to tablet computing.

auninda

Dec 28, 2010
It will have gingerbread onboard and will get the honeycomb upgrade as soon as the honeycomb is out(Assured by the CEO himself of NI)