New Cobolt S1010 Default search browser set to unknown company

Discussion in 'Ice Cream Sandwich' started by kagnewstation, Feb 6, 2013.

1. kagnewstation

kagnewstation Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cobolt S1010
    I'm new to Android.

I hope someone can help with my new tablet. I purchased a Cobolt S1010 from ebay to use mainly as a ereader since I have bad eyes.
    The system runs android Ice cream. Here is the problem, I try to make Google my home page and use it to search,
    however, it always reverts to something called "ereadersource.com" as the default search engine. I try to change home page and it wont let me.
    Then when I do search the URL takes me to strange web sites that are in english but appear to be in China.

Have no users manual and when I call the 800 # I end up in China and are unable to communicate verbally.

Can anyone tell me how to diable this default and make it a legit Andriod ? There is nothing loaded in the tablet now
    but the original files.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

2. pratojes

pratojes Member

Tablet / Device:
    android s1010
    i have the similar situation . but i cannot download skype and microsoft ...ty

3. new_ink2001

new_ink2001 Member

I got a' hold of a similar unit. I haven't gotten a wireless router yet, so I bought a usb adapter and use the wired system around the house. As for setting the homepage on the browser here is a sequence of screen shots that change it from yahoo.com to a blank page...

$Screenshot_2013-07-21-19-53-35[1].png $Screenshot_2013-07-21-19-53-47[1].png $Screenshot_2013-07-21-19-54-04[1].png $Screenshot_2013-07-21-19-54-19[1].png $Screenshot_2013-07-21-19-54-27[1].png

Once you've gotten the browser to the page which you wish to use for home, the button on the upper right (looks like a sequence of squares or boxes) provides access to the browser's settings.

4. new_ink2001

new_ink2001 Member

As for getting apps, such as YouTube or Microsoft, I suggest going to the software manufacture's respective site or going to your favorite search engine and searching for "app store."