New Coby 7022-4G

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
Got my 7022 at Toys R Us yesterday. After watching the video, I put the 'market' on it. (Wanted to get Netflix and Flash).
The OS seems pretty fast, but net speed seems to bounce up and down, never doing more than 5 mbps. (20 mbps is available w/ our Fios).
Typical speed is around 0.5 mbps going up to 5 mbps on occasion.
The hardware seems pretty good and apps run faster than I expected.
The hardware build on mine is a little messy. But nothing that serious.
I did buy the extended coverage, since they gave me a 'free' $25 gift card.

I'm not liking the power usage shown by the Phone stuff! This tab has no phone!
Hoping we can reduce that 77% power use to zero somehow..

Cheers,
Rich

lacowgrl62

Jul 5, 2011
I purchased mine today at ToysRUs for $179 and it comes with a gift card for $25 (essentially making the cost $154). Still playing around with it but hoping for the best.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Got my 7022 at Toys R Us yesterday. After watching the video, I put the 'market' on it. (Wanted to get Netflix and Flash).
The OS seems pretty fast, but net speed seems to bounce up and down, never doing more than 5 mbps. (20 mbps is available w/ our Fios).
Typical speed is around 0.5 mbps going up to 5 mbps on occasion.
The hardware seems pretty good and apps run faster than I expected.
The hardware build on mine is a little messy. But nothing that serious.
I did buy the extended coverage, since they gave me a 'free' $25 gift card.

I'm not liking the power usage shown by the Phone stuff! This tab has no phone!
Hoping we can reduce that 77% power use to zero somehow..

Cheers,
Rich

U can but it can break certain apps. Hbogo is one of them. U have to delete a few apks but it will fix the cell standby problem. Go give the topic I posted called 7022 interesting info. Lots of post about this fix n more.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

lacowgrl62

Jul 5, 2011
daprospecta:

i think i screwed up the download of the market and maps etc because system cant figure out where i am. i took the sd card out before restarting and i didnt get that launch screen that u showed in the video. Can you help me?

poseidon

Jul 6, 2011
Hi,

I just bought my coby 7022, I left it on for a while and it went to sleep mode, everytime it goes to sleep mode, i have to reset from the back. this is very irritating. how do i disable the sleep mode? i do not want sleep mode on my 7022. thanks

eruby

May 17, 2011
How did you get netflix to load?

I got Netflix working last nite without market. I opened my browser (Dolphin Lite) and downloaded com.netflix.mediaclient-1.apk is Netflix 1.2.2 (Released 6/15/11) from [APP][Updated 6/21/11] Official Netflix - xda-developers. Once downloaded, I used the apk loader and loaded it. I've only watched about 5 minutes to see if it worked and it worked great. I have a HDMI to connect to the TV and it worked great. The only issue I have is that the sound comes out of both the TV and the 7022. I haven't tried to mess with it as it was late last nite but I'm sure there is a fix for that.

Last edited:

eruby

May 17, 2011
U have to delete a few apks but it will fix the cell standby problem.
Someone told me if you leave it in airplane mode, it will turn off the cell standby and not the wifi. This was suppose to save on battery time. Not sure if it works but makes no sense having it search for cell signal if it doesn't even have a cellular transmitter.

gunabcd

Jul 7, 2011
Hi,
Newbie here: been looking for a sub $300 tab for a while. came close to buying 7024 but was discouraged due to Resistive screen, no adroid market, no blue tooth, no multi-touch. Archos 70 and viewsonic viewpad have other issues. saw this thread about 7022 and looks like the closest to my expectations.

Can the owners please advise as to which of the following features does 7022 have and if they work properly:
- Processor type and speed :
- RAM :
- Internal Storage : 4 gb
- expandable storage (type and capacity):
- Screen type and resolution :
- multi-touch screen:
- HDMI out:
- Bluetooth :
- is OS upgradable to future versions :
- Flash 10.1 :
- Android market :
- 3G ready :
- sim card slot:
- GPS :
- Compass :
- USB for external keyboard :
- web cam (and resolution):
- is battery replaceable :
- battery duration while browsing web:
- battery duration with wifi off :
- what's included in the box:
- availability of accessories in the market (sleeve/shock proof case/screen protector/car charger/stand)? :

if you bought the TRU $25 GC deal, is it still available and how to get it?

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
Someone told me if you leave it in airplane mode, it will turn off the cell standby and not the wifi. This was suppose to save on battery time. Not sure if it works but makes no sense having it search for cell signal if it doesn't even have a cellular transmitter.

I looked up Airplane mode. It turns off all radios on the tab (or phone), to comply with FAA rules about leaving all radios and GPS stuff off while landing and takeoff..

I've tried the airplane mode on the 7022 and it works. All radios are off. The selection of Airplane mode, shuts off the wifi at the same time.
When you click on Wifi, the Airplane mode turns off.. One or the other.

Cheers,
Rich