New Coby 7022-4G

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
Rich, I did get it free from applib. I'm headed on vacation but I believe it was called battery booster. it was free.
I've installed it, and operation is still the same. :( I do like the indicator displays.
I'll try a few configs to see if I luck into the right one..

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I got mine last night from Toys r us for $180 with $25 gc, but haven't opened it yet.
per coby website warantee is only 90 days and you pay shipping both ways for repairs. some people complain about coby stuff generally breaks easily.

I called coby for the warantee info, the guys said it's 1 yr parts and labor, he said the web-site is not up to date so it looks like tablets fall in the 90 days category.

What does the warantee card in the box say?

You should buy the protection plan but the warranty card is for a MID (MOBILE INTERNET DEVICE) 1 year parts and labor. $15 shipping

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
It's really wierd Coby didn't test this, but should be simple enough for them to fix via f/w/ upgrade. I hope they take care of it in near future.

What if you pulg in the earph/headph into the 3.5mm jack, that should block the sound from speakers, or does it block it from HDMI also ?

I've noticed setting to 1080p makes the volume to tv much louder and you can have the speaker at 50% were you can not here it over the tv. I set to 1080p even when connecting to my 720p tv.

Good idea on plugging in headphones idea ill try that one out in a sec

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Hi guys is coby 7022 best tablet under $200 ive also been looking at wintec filemate at walmart ??

What do you want to do with your tablet? I noticed the wintec filemate has these differences some good some bad
- Slower Processor (Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz Processor)
- Resistive Touchscreen (Usually many have problems with these)
- Android 2.2 (Says Android 2.3 will be released Fall 2011)
- Rear facing 3.15mp camera (Versus crappy .3mp front facing camera on coby 7022)
- GPS (Coby 7022 has no gps)
- Bluetooth (Coby 7022 has no bluetooth)
- Better speaker
- Removable battery
- 8 GB flash memory (+ 8gb micro sd installed)
- NO MULTI TOUCH
- No Hdmi port

So I guess that is for you to decide. When I read that it was a resistive screen with no multi touch that kind of killed it for me. Although it seems to have a lot of features the coby 7022 lacks. Its a toss up between processor speed/game playing ability(capcitive multitouch)/hdmi&usb hook up versus a tablet with many more features (camera/gps/bluetooth/3g).

lucahvus

Jul 9, 2011
Hello, I have my new coby 7022, and today the screen started to flickerig for2 minutes. I had no applications opened, the light of the screen started to switch on and off. Do you think is an hardware problem? Should I send back the tablet? Thank you!

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
Sometimes, when I lay my 7022 on the desk (flat), it can't decide what's up or down,
and it starts switching back and forth between landscape and portrait modes.
Once I pick it up, it stops. I think the sensor firmware needs some work..

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
cheers nba1341 which would you buy?

I would go with the 7022 becuase I do mostly web browsing which I think multitouch makes it so much easier especially for desktop sites. Plus I really like to play games and multitouch is a must for most games.

Sometimes, when I lay my 7022 on the desk (flat), it can't decide what's up or down,
and it starts switching back and forth between landscape and portrait modes.
Once I pick it up, it stops. I think the sensor firmware needs some work..

I have the same problem and you can't adjust it. I wish there was an app that let you limit the rotation to 0° and 90° so it would not flip upside down (who needs this?) or the other way around. CM7 has this ability but its not out and stable for our tablet. Maybe its possible to edit a file in root to accomplish this.

lucahvus

Jul 9, 2011
I don't know, my problem is that I saw the backlight of the screen turning on and off, was not a problem of the sensor. Do you think I should ask for a replacement?

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
HI a newbee question do these tablets play avi movies???

There are apps you can use to play avi videos. I just tested one and dumped it,
since the sound was so bad.
I'll look around for some more to try later, my cameras make avi only..

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
HI a newbee question do these tablets play avi movies???

Yes. U don't need a special app. The movies app that comes on the tablet has played everything I've thrown at it including mkv mp4 avi and in 1080p on the tablet and on the HDMI out. Just click on the file in a file browser and choose the movies app.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

dedgeu2

Jul 11, 2011
Hi Everyone! I am also a newbee and have placed my Coby 7022 from TRU on layaway last week and will probably get it this weekend or by the end of the month. Some of you have mentioned receiving a $25 GC when purchased. One comment was as recent as 7-08-11. Will you please let me know how you were able to get the $25 GC? I was not provided any information on this GC when I made my first partial payment (possibly due to not completely paying for the item in full, but I am not sure). Thanks!

PureDigital

May 12, 2011
When you guys go to pick up yours, you will have to ask for the Kyros, it more then likely wont be on display nor will they know they even have them, there in the back, but you better hurry, the word is spreading FAST about these gems, the manager said he went from selling 0 in a week to selling 4 in half a day. These tablets rock.