New Coby 7022-4G

kd83

Jun 14, 2011
Went out and picked one up myself last night, local store had three of them. Same price as opamp said with the 25 dollar gift card after tax it was 190.

Went home charged it quick, first thing i did was download dolphin to the tablet and then installed flash 10.3, which the flash works great and was easy to install. I didn't really have much of a chance to play around with it, but the os seemed to be running smooth. The only thing that i really might have a gripe about is the touch keyboard, it didn't seem to register everything, but that could be user input or i might try another one down the road if it bothers me that much.

Running dolphin in desktop mode since i prefer the full sites, the only thing with the flash is that i had it on "always" instead of "on demand" it wasn't loading with on demand but then again i didn't restart the tablet either. So tonight i will try some different settings and see what happens.

Can't beat the price, comes with a protective sleeve, charger, and some other usb cords and head phones. You will need your own micro sd card, but looking on amazon they have a kingston 16gb class 4 for 27.95 that i think im going to pick up.

Last edited:

LoveofPM

Jun 16, 2011
Bought one as well, was able to get flash installed, works ok... will try with Dolphin... anyone have suggestions on how to get it to recognize AD Hoc signal. Kinda a noob on Android...

opamp

Nov 13, 2010

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Getting one tonight, returned the 7024 to Walmart. I'm sure I'll like this one better since it has a capacitive screen. I found that calibrating the screen with a thin pin really helps with accuracy of the touch response of the screens, at least on the 7024 it did.

kd83

Jun 14, 2011
Just to follow up, last night changed the settings in dolphin to on demand and everything worked as it should so maybe you just need to restart the tablet after installing flash. Tried hulu knowing that previously others have gotten a response it doesn't work with android and i got the same result, but figured i would try anyhow.

Did a speedtest, via speedtest.net and got 6.03 Mbps download and .5 Mbps upload which is right were my DSL speed should be. This is on a Dlink G router, note that the 7022 is only b/g no N.

So far the tablet is running very smooth and pretty quick, very happy with my purchase.

Might try the calibartion dbsimms recomends and see if that helps with the touch screen. Its not bad just sometimes have to press a key two or three times for it to register.

Only thing i would like is the market vs app's lib, which i might try and see if i can download an apk and get it to work this weekend.

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
Bought one as well, was able to get flash installed, works ok... will try with Dolphin... anyone have suggestions on how to get it to recognize AD Hoc signal. Kinda a noob on Android...

This unit is too new I have investigating to get root access need to change wifi script to change ad-hoc, We need to root to make changes.

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
Just to follow up, last night changed the settings in dolphin to on demand and everything worked as it should so maybe you just need to restart the tablet after installing flash. Tried hulu knowing that previously others have gotten a response it doesn't work with android and i got the same result, but figured i would try anyhow.

Did a speedtest, via speedtest.net and got 6.03 Mbps download and .5 Mbps upload which is right were my DSL speed should be. This is on a Dlink G router, note that the 7022 is only b/g no N.

So far the tablet is running very smooth and pretty quick, very happy with my purchase.

Might try the calibartion dbsimms recomends and see if that helps with the touch screen. Its not bad just sometimes have to press a key two or three times for it to register.

Only thing i would like is the market vs app's lib, which i might try and see if i can download an apk and get it to work this weekend.

I have set keyboard sound on so I hear the touch screen register.

LoveofPM

Jun 16, 2011
Have tried running marketplace and get an error kick back when I try to download... Netflix is compatible and runs flawlessly. Adobe flash is great except for some time based games, minor lag... But still impressive since the box says not flash compatible.

stew

Jun 16, 2011
So, it will play Netflix. What about Crackle or Hulu? I do not own a Tab yet so if I am asking stupid questions have mercy :)

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
I have ran Hulu using the hack flash APK unless you have Tegra 2 tablet it's slow and stutterer , try running CBS TV show use UA as deskstop and you can compare the performance even netbooks has problem with hulu.
I have both a Viewsonic G-tab and ASUS transformer and it's big difference. On the 7022 it does work on CBS It is still watchable.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I dunno about Hulu not working. My evo has just about the same specs as this tablet and it runs fine. In fact this tablet played a 720p video file that my evo couldn't without converting. With some hacking im sure this tablet can run hulu. hey opamp have you got the market installed yet? Im trying different things now.