New Coby 7022-4G

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Have just been through all 34 pages of this topic. The information I was able to glean is outstanding. Kudos to the forum and its members. This is one of the best forums I have seen. Can't wait to hit some of the other topics. Thanks again.

BobbyDean

Oct 28, 2011
Have just been through all 34 pages of this topic. The information I was able to glean is outstanding. Kudos to the forum and its members. This is one of the best forums I have seen. Can't wait to hit some of the other topics. Thanks again.

^ +1

There's enough knowledge spread out in this post to keep me busy for a bit. I am setting up three tablets for the kids for Christmas and have to say this is an awfully nice tablet for the money. I expect that once it has been completely worked it will be a great gift for them.

Thanks to all the members that have forged ahead with this tablet and shared what they found.

Now, If I can just get my hands on a Transformer Prime. Soon...

spager

Nov 15, 2011
Hi great forum I have scanned through it quickly. My daughter has just won this tablet and I am trying to set it up for her so I have a few questions. Is gingerbread like a web browser and what exactly is market? I noticed that there is 2 versions can I just install the second version of market or do I have to start with the first? Can I stream i tunes on this and I have apple tv can I stream video with this through apple tv? I have a western digital 500gb portable device can I hook this up to the tablet and get it to recognize it? If so can I stream this through my western digital media player wirelessly? Sorry for all of the newbie questions for this is our first android device.

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Gingerbread is an operating system. I.E. a version of android. Market refers to the android market which is the app store.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7022

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi great forum I have scanned through it quickly. My daughter has just won this tablet and I am trying to set it up for her so I have a few questions. Is gingerbread like a web browser and what exactly is market? I noticed that there is 2 versions can I just install the second version of market or do I have to start with the first? Can I stream i tunes on this and I have apple tv can I stream video with this through apple tv? I have a western digital 500gb portable device can I hook this up to the tablet and get it to recognize it? If so can I stream this through my western digital media player wirelessly? Sorry for all of the newbie questions for this is our first android device.

I will try to answer some of the questions:
- Gingerbread is Android OS 2.3, as Froyo is 2.2 and Honeycomb is 3.0.
- Market is usually how the official Android Market by Google is called. Any site or app that allows you to download/install apps can be called a generic "market", like GetJar or Amazon's.
- Streaming: it will depend on software, probably there are some apps out there that may allow it, but the chances it works with AppleTV is low, since it relies on iOS/AirPlay AFAIK.
- I was able to hook a SATA HD to my MID1024 with an USB adapter and a separate power source for the drive itself, but the ones with only USB (no power supply or USB powered) won't work AFAIK.
- Stream from the tablet is kind complicated, stream to (i.e. watch videos on the tablet) is much easier.

spager

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks Droid;

Now if I can find out if you have to down load version 1 first of Market before version 2.

spager

Nov 15, 2011
I will try to answer some of the questions:
- Gingerbread is Android OS 2.3, as Froyo is 2.2 and Honeycomb is 3.0.
- Market is usually how the official Android Market by Google is called. Any site or app that allows you to download/install apps can be called a generic "market", like GetJar or Amazon's.
- Streaming: it will depend on software, probably there are some apps out there that may allow it, but the chances it works with AppleTV is low, since it relies on iOS/AirPlay AFAIK.
- I was able to hook a SATA HD to my MID1024 with an USB adapter and a separate power source for the drive itself, but the ones with only USB (no power supply or USB powered) won't work AFAIK.
- Stream from the tablet is kind complicated, stream to (i.e. watch videos on the tablet) is much easier.

Thanks Droid;

Now if I can find out if you have to down load version 1 first of Market before version 2.

Thanks I am starting to understand this.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I can't find gingerbread does it come preinstalled?

Android OS = Android Operational System
It's the OS, so it's pre-installed or the tablet won't work. What tablet you have? If it's a 7022 then it comes with Gingerbread from factory.