New Coby 7022-4G

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
I will try to answer some of the questions:
- Gingerbread is Android OS 2.3, as Froyo is 2.2 and Honeycomb is 3.0.
- Market is usually how the official Android Market by Google is called. Any site or app that allows you to download/install apps can be called a generic "market", like GetJar or Amazon's.
- Streaming: it will depend on software, probably there are some apps out there that may allow it, but the chances it works with AppleTV is low, since it relies on iOS/AirPlay AFAIK.
- I was able to hook a SATA HD to my MID1024 with an USB adapter and a separate power source for the drive itself, but the ones with only USB (no power supply or USB powered) won't work AFAIK.
- Stream from the tablet is kind complicated, stream to (i.e. watch videos on the tablet) is much easier.

A USB only external hard drive may work if you connect it through a powered hub (or build a USB power injector)

Yes it is the 7022. Should I download honeycomb 3.0?

Tks.

Someone did a port of Honeycomb for the 7022 a while back, but I don't think everything worked on it. If you wait a bit someone on here may do a port of IceCream Sandwich now that the source has been released (BTW this WILL void your warranty).

Last edited:

skydancerusa

Sep 22, 2011
I thought it was strange as well since they didn't have it on the website but yes it's 7022 and it has 512 mb ram and a compacitive screen with gingerbread. A guy posted all the pics with specs on the first page I think. I got mine from toys r us for 179.99. It's good so far, the screen is good but not as good as my evo but still good. This thing will fly whenever a rom comes out for allow it isn't bad with stock. I'm currently trying to root it and put market on it because the old way for 7024 doesn't work on this one. Probably because of gingerbread.

Bought my 7022 at toys r us a month ago.I had no problems installing android market on the 7022, using the u tube video online by 'daprospecat' (thanks, daprospecta for such a valuable contribution) to guide me. Netflix also installed and working, using the 'no device check' apk file. Skype installed, use it all the time, waiting for them to come out with a working video chat. 7022 has a multitouch screen, its a phantastic tablet. Much easier to use than the 7024 I had before.The thing I liked better on the 7024 is that the 7024 has physical volume control buttons, not embedded in the touch screen like this one. I have a hard time with volume adjustment on this model. Seems to be hit and miss. The other thing is that while this model is listed on coby.com, they do not have a manual for it as a download. I lost my little manual and find it very strange that they don't have a download. I e-mailed coby but no response.
All in all, I am just really happy with the coby tablets.

Last edited:

bishop793

Oct 2, 2011
hi...just wanted to say that i am very happy with this tablet. i had previously had a zt-180 10.1 inch pad gotten from ebay..it had market installed and i believe froyo. it was a decent, but bulky for me to watch movies on the bus ride to and from work. i tried transfering movies's to my wife's micro cruz reader but it was horrible. had to convert the files and even then it was sluggish. with the 7022 u just drag and drop! it plays in 1080p. the hdmi port is icing on the cake. i uploaded android market without rooting. also installed flash, netflix and crackle.

mariolo

Dec 7, 2011
I don't have 7022 so it may be wrong...

make backup 1st, then try to change /system/etc/vold.fstab
before
Code:
dev_asec_mount nand /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/ndda default
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/tflash auto /devices/platform/tcc-sdhc0.0/mmc_host/mmc0
after
Code:
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/tcc-sdhc0.0/mmc_host/mmc0
#dev_asec_mount nand /mnt/sdcard/nand auto /devices/virtual/block/ndda default

2nd line may not work so commented out now. please uncomment & modify if you need internal nand

dev_asec_mount nand /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/tcc-sdhc0.0/mmc_host/mmc0
#dev_asec_mount nand /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/ndda default
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/tflash auto /devices/platform/tcc-sdhc0.0/mmc_host/mmc0

MikesCoby

Dec 5, 2011
I have a 7022 on order. Would you mind telling me where you get your apps and which ones you would recommend for a non power user. I just wanted it for family pictures, email, web browsing and maybe play some avi's from my point and shoot camer. Thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I have a 7022 on order. Would you mind telling me where you get your apps and which ones you would recommend for a non power user. I just wanted it for family pictures, email, web browsing and maybe play some avi's from my point and shoot camer. Thanks.

All this is built-in, you shouldn't need to install anything new. If you do or want to browse new apps, try GetJat and/or Amazon's marketplace if you are in the USA. Both are very easy to install, just download them using the built in web browser then open the apk file to install.

popeboy

Dec 12, 2011
Hi,
I have used daprospecta's method for getting the market on the 7022, but now the gallery app pulls in all of my picasa web album pics (I'm assuming from the gmail login I provided when installing those google features). I'd rather not have it pull down all the web album pics as I am giving this tab to my son. I have been scouring the web for an answer to this, but none of the answers seem to apply to Android as it exists on the 7022.
Is there any way to tell it not to sync?

Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi,
I have used daprospecta's method for getting the market on the 7022, but now the gallery app pulls in all of my picasa web album pics (I'm assuming from the gmail login I provided when installing those google features). I'd rather not have it pull down all the web album pics as I am giving this tab to my son. I have been scouring the web for an answer to this, but none of the answers seem to apply to Android as it exists on the 7022.
Is there any way to tell it not to sync?

Settings -> Accounts & sync -> tap your Google account and uncheck the syncing of your Picasa albums. Of course, you can also disable all syncing in the previous screen if you want.

popeboy

Dec 12, 2011
Settings -> Accounts & sync -> tap your Google account and uncheck the syncing of your Picasa albums. Of course, you can also disable all syncing in the previous screen if you want.

Thanks, but that is the same answer I was finding on Google. Apparently my real problem is that I don't have accounts & sync under Settings. I found another link on this site about adding that option, so I will try that although it was written fornthe 7015.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Ah, true... I remember someone with a Telechips-based tablet that didn't have this option indeed. You may need to install a custom Settings.apk (and probably SettingsProvider.apk) to get it, but probably only one for 2.3 will work for 7022. Of course, backup the stock ones first.

Edit: scrap that, not worth it. Do what trickbicker121 says below.

Last edited:

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Is there a QR Code Scanner/Barcode scanner that works on the 7022? I tried Barcode Scanner and Scanlife and they didn't work for me. Thanks.

Sikander

Dec 11, 2011
Mariolo
Did you check these settings ?
I tried but both SD card and Nand are unable to mount.

Last edited: