New Coby 7022-4G

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I thought it was strange as well since they didn't have it on the website but yes it's 7022 and it has 512 mb ram and a compacitive screen with gingerbread. A guy posted all the pics with specs on the first page I think. I got mine from toys r us for 179.99. It's good so far, the screen is good but not as good as my evo but still good. This thing will fly whenever a rom comes out for allow it isn't bad with stock. I'm currently trying to root it and put market on it because the old way for 7024 doesn't work on this one. Probably because of gingerbread.

warpig

Jun 16, 2011
woooooooooow the im so getting this for fathers day!!!!!! I wanted to hold on till christmas to see if a better tablet (specs and price) came out but it too tempting :)

enkidu

Jun 17, 2011
I bought my son a 7015 for his birthday. It had a defective USB port, so I sent to Coby a couple weeks ago as it was still under the 90 day warranty. Guess what the UPS man just dropped off? a 7022-4G.

I know it's my son's, but I'm excited to play around with it tonight. :p

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I wish it had the light ring around the large metal button, home key, like the 7024 had so you could know when it's charging and when its done. The 7024 would be "red" while charging and "green" when done, have no way of knowing with the 7022 until you turn it on. I'll miss that feature. Oh well, I guess you got to give up something for the capacitive screen.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Well I'm about fed up with the 7022, or re branded 7015, and wrote to Coby. Here is my email to them:
I recently purchased a MID7024, but when I saw you had a capacitive screen 7" tablet, I returned the 7024 and got the 7022. I can't find anything on your website about the 7022, why? Is it an upgraded 7015? It says it has Android 2.3, but I can't download the android market to the device, which I should be able to since it is 2.3. Also, I have the Talking Tom app installed, but it doesn't always work correctly. Sometimes I hear sounds from Tom, but most of the time I don't, any reason for this? I like the features, wish it had BT and GPS but what can you expect for only $170. I would like to make it more functional, but without the android market, sorry but AppsLib just doesn't have a great assortment of functional applications, like Google Voice search, Google Translate, and Google Maps, that I need. I really would appreciate some help with these issues, since Android is supposed to be "open source" and customizable. I managed to put the android market on the 7024, and thought I should be able to on this unit as well seeing as it had a more recent version of Android, but as of today, I can't get it to work. I look forward to your response on this matter.Sincerely,
Don Simms

Can't wait to see their response and when I do, I will post it.

whiteybulger

Jun 18, 2011
dbsimms, theres a TINY LED light next to where you plug the 7022 in to charge that is red when its charging and green when full. Very tiny though. It's only on when plugged in.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
dbsimms, theres a TINY LED light next to where you plug the 7022 in to charge that is red when its charging and green when full. Very tiny though. It's only on when plugged in.
Thanks! You are right it's damn small. Still like the ring on the 7024 better, but at least now I can tell. Too bad the instructions weren't that clear, or I just missed it.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Also the capacitance screen and the CPU performance make the 7022 the best under $200 tablet
The screen is not IPS like, its O.k. ( I have a rooted CM7 Nook color). If someone port CM7 to the tablet, It will reign supreme.

here is unofficial ClokworkMod Recovery 4 and CyanogenMod 7 for EM73,
[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets - xda-developers
I don't recommend it if you want "stable" "complete" ver. of CM7. it's incomplete.

if FWTool is exist in Coby 7022, DO NOT USE. TOUCH SCREEN MUST BE DEAD IF YOU TRY UPDATE IN FWTOOL.
it's confirmed (at least) 4 people and no way to repair it. (other than return to factory)

Last edited:

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
Hello,
I am kinda new here. I bought an Archos 43 in Feb broke it last week and now i am replacing it. Found out about this Coby Kyros 7022 and I think its about what i need. Wondered if you guys could help me before i get it.
How is this Out of the Box? Will there be step by step instructions for the tablet newbies to follow to root it (or whatever it's called)?
From what I am gathering this thing just hit the shelves and people are working on it already?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I have posted a tutorial that is pretty straight forward to install market.once that is done I would say its very decent out of the box.netflix works. Flash 10.3 works.the screen is capacitive and it doesn't lag much and I played a 720p video on it in mp4 format and it played just fine. I don't have a mini hdmi cord so I haven't tested that yet but there is a free app by team win that should give complete mirroring.all in all for the price its a good deal and the specs are not bad at all. The chip in this tablet isn't new and fun is working on a complete cm7 port. If he gets that to run stable then this tablet will jump at least a hundred dollars in worth.Sorry about the capitalization problems but swype doesn't want to act right today.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

javier2

May 2, 2011
I don't understand why Coby's website says nothing about MID7022 yet. They are selling a new product without promotion....mmm what do you think about it?

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
I have posted a tutorial that is pretty straight forward to install market.once that is done I would say its very decent out of the box.netflix works. Flash 10.3 works.the screen is capacitive and it doesn't lag much and I played a 720p video on it in mp4 format and it played just fine. I don't have a mini hdmi cord so I haven't tested that yet but there is a free app by team win that should give complete mirroring.all in all for the price its a good deal and the specs are not bad at all. The chip in this tablet isn't new and fun is working on a complete cm7 port. If he gets that to run stable then this tablet will jump at least a hundred dollars in worth.Sorry about the capitalization problems but swype doesn't want to act right today.

Thanks. I was looking at the Kyros 7024, Herotab C8, and Archos 70 when i happened across the mention of Kyros 7022.
Im not very tech savvy. I dont think I would feel confidant rooting a Nook so I want something i can basically open the box and use. Maybe a few tweeks like flash and market but nothing so major it could fry the whole thing.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Thanks. I was looking at the Kyros 7024, Herotab C8, and Archos 70 when i happened across the mention of Kyros 7022.
Im not very tech savvy. I dont think I would feel confidant rooting a Nook so I want something i can basically open the box and use. Maybe a few tweeks like flash and market but nothing so major it could fry the whole thing.

Yea its practically impossible to brick it while trying to install market because u arent flashing just installing apps. I considered a foreign tablet but didnt like the reputation oh returning them and whatnot. I have a replacement plan on mine ipaid 20 bucks for. There is a good chance ill go take this back around christmas and get the quad core asus tablet.
This tablet is a good starter to intermediate tablet.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
@javier
Yea i thought that was weird as well but the specs are practically the same as the 7024 other than the screen and button placement.