New Coby 7022-4G

ghoner

Jun 21, 2011
no one want to try clockworkmod/cyanogenmod on COBY 7022?
I think it will work but it is not confirmed until someone confirm.

Hey Fun, I am willing to help out with confirming a mod for this tablet. I havent really found a need to mod but, am willing to help the community.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

ghoner

Jun 21, 2011
Anybody know how to boot into recovery on this thing?

After fully powering off (press and hold the power button then select power off), press and hold the "back" button then hold the power button until you see the Coby logo come on screen. You should then see a droid bot by a yellow triangle. Thiswill get you to where you want to be.

ghoner

Jun 21, 2011
by the way I want to know following 2 issues on COBY 7022 ROM.
1. there is FWTool in Settings? (DO NOT USE if exist)
2. there is FC issue on Browser at startup page(google)?

Hey Fun, there is a "System updates" in the settings under "About device". It looks as though you can update from SD with this option. As to the second question, I have had no FC issues with the Browser app. I do not use it very often though.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I prefer to use XDA thread because some careless person may brick his tablet by reading part of our discussion here and doing something wrongly ;)

anyway, please make backup first. please read carefully post #1 and #2 on following thread,
[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets - xda-developers

then,
1. make backup of stock recovery
2. check your /proc/mtd
3. discuss about 1. 2. result
4. install proper clockworkmod for EM73
5. make complete backup
6. discuss about 4. 5. and next

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Hey Fun, there is a "System updates" in the settings under "About device". It looks as though you can update from SD with this option. As to the second question, I have had no FC issues with the Browser app. I do not use it very often though.

thanks. there is FWTool in EM73 rom and it bricks touchscreen :(

I guess "System updates" is not FWTool... standard OS update menu commonly used in Emdoor's tablets. I think my zips for stock recovery can be installed from "System updates", but do not use for now. enter recovery by "BACK + POWER ON" is enough.

about browser, it seems COBY 7022 ROM is newer than EM73 2.3.3 ROM (EM73_SIS_GC2M_V1 20110516). probably newer EM73 ROM will be released at some time. until then, COBY 7022 ROM dumps may help other EM73 people ;)

if anyone can upload dumped files after "5. make complete backup", I'll check difference and FWTool in COBY ROM.

Last edited:

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Tried flashing it with fast book and it said Okay writing 'recovery' okay finised and then i rebooted. As far as getting into recovery by holding down the back button and pressing power it puts me into fastboot mode.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
yep something is wrong. Just tried to reset the device and when I did I get 'the device enter fastboot mode' any suggestions?

ghoner

Jun 21, 2011
I prefer to use XDA thread because some careless person may brick his tablet by reading part of our discussion here and doing something wrongly ;)

anyway, please make backup first. please read carefully post #1 and #2 on following thread,
[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets - xda-developers

then,
1. make backup of stock recovery
2. check your /proc/mtd
3. discuss about 1. 2. result
4. install proper clockworkmod for EM73
5. make complete backup
6. discuss about 4. 5. and next

Just joined XDA too. I will work on it and let you know. You want a PM on XDA or is there a running thread you would prefer.?

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Tried flashing it with fast book and it said Okay writing 'recovery' okay finised and then i rebooted. As far as getting into recovery by holding down the back button and pressing power it puts me into fastboot mode.

why you ignored my procedure??????

anyway, please explain detail AND DO NOT DO ANYTHING.

what you flashed? "it" is toooooooooooo hard to understand.
what you actually typed fastboot command?

EDIT:
if you still doing something without discussion and reading my how tos, I'll stop helping you.
there is possibility to restore stock rom on your tablet ONLY IF YOU DO NOT DO ANYTHING.

Last edited:

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
why you ignored my procedure??????

anyway, please explain detail.

what you flashed? "it" is toooooooooooo hard to understand.
what you actually typed fastboot command?
I download the clockworkmod em73 4k zip. I installed android sdk and went to fastmode on the device. I put the recovery.img in the tools folder and in command prompt I typed 'fastboot recovery recovery.img' and i did 'fastboot reboot'. It still works but I can't reset the device.