New Coby Generation 3 power problem

mdhorton

Apr 29, 2012
I am considering getting the new 7042. I currently have the 7022 and was wondering if any of you have had the problem with the tablet turning itself on at random times. My 7022 does it all the time, and it is very annoying.

Crue

Apr 11, 2012
I am considering getting the new 7042. I currently have the 7022 and was wondering if any of you have had the problem with the tablet turning itself on at random times. My 7022 does it all the time, and it is very annoying.

Owned for about 3 weeks now, and I have not experienced power problems. Currently Stumped on the SD card problem though. Seems you can't view the SD card from the device. You can plug it in via USB and view from a computer but not from the device itself.

mdhorton

Apr 29, 2012
Owned for about 3 weeks now, and I have not experienced power problems. Currently Stumped on the SD card problem though. Seems you can't view the SD card from the device. You can plug it in via USB and view from a computer but not from the device itself.

That is a strange problem. Have you called Coby to see if they have a solution? I saw a post somewhere else describing this problem. The power issue with the 7022, and several other models, causes the tablet to wake up every so often and stay on for a few seconds and then turn off. It might then come back on in few more seconds or it might stay off for an hour or so.

kidd777

Jul 30, 2011
To see the SD card on mine I had to open the ES File Explorer then go to the settings for the app. The Home Directory is set to /sdcard/ by default. Changed the to just / and you can now go up a level without it trying to exit. Look for a folder called mnt and inside there is a folder called extsd. This was where my sd card showed up.

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
Had mine three weeks as well no issues before nor after rooting. The SD card issue is a ICS "improvement". Thanks Android for Facebooking us (forcing user improvements they don't want/like)