New COBY Kyros 1024 Firmware update???

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
New? It's been around for about 1 week. It's more like a firmware restoration file than an update. The system version is the same, with a few bug fixes for old models at most. One should only try to install it if the tablet is bricked or with problems. The update PDF talks about shutdown during the Coby logo while starting up and restart fixes.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
i'm actually using the 1024 firmware with modification for 7024....nice firmware..bluetooth is working with this stock firmware.

emvbase

Jan 24, 2011
Well, i'm using this firmware after a brick episode. No changes, maybe just minor bugs corrections... if you suffer with de deep sleep problem you will continue suffering... this update dont correct this problem (i am using softlocker from market as a solution for this bug)

Sent from my Kyros1024 using Android Tablet Forum

hhugorivera

Sep 7, 2011
Well, i'm using this firmware after a brick episode. No changes, maybe just minor bugs corrections... if you suffer with de deep sleep problem you will continue suffering... this update dont correct this problem (i am using softlocker from market as a solution for this bug)

Sent from my Kyros1024 using Android Tablet Forum

Well I returned my koby 1024 because of the issue with the deep sleep. I thought it was because of a hardware problem. Since there is no official update I think i'll use softlocker. But we should be on the look for a better solution.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Well I returned my koby 1024 because of the issue with the deep sleep. I thought it was because of a hardware problem. Since there is no official update I think i'll use softlocker. But we should be on the look for a better solution.

The new gingerbread for 1024 don't have this problem

Sent from my typewriter.