New Coby Kyros 7015a need help setting up.

ChromeIce01

Apr 4, 2011
Hello. I just got this tablet and its my first one actually. I followed some rooting instructions using a youtube video which had me download z4root, and some clockwork mod, ect ect and I suppose i successfully "Rooted" it and installed the Google App Market. I would really love some advise from some of you more expierenced tablet user as to what I should or can do to this machine to make it the best it can be.

All I have done is the update.zip from the site. Installed z4root and perma rooted. Did the clockwork Recovery deal. I have Terminal App installed as well as an explorer app. Some random games and really that's it.

I want to have it doing all the cool stuff no matter what I have to do. I'm great at following directions so TEACH ME lol. I've seen where a lot of people have their tablet set up to receive incoming calls and they can make calls. If you can help me with that too I would sooo appreciate it. Or direct me to threads. Ive looked and looked and I found one that had instructions to use Callcentric and IPKall with Google voice and I could not get it to receive a call.

You know what I'm looking for. I have a new toy and I want it to work like all the big boys.

P.S.
Im using the original OS that came installed (besides being rooted)
Just wanted to let you know what it says under "Running Services"

(In Grey)Voice Search (Process: com.google.android.voicesearch 2.6MB
(In Grey)Voice Search (Process: com.android.imputmethod.voice 5.0MB
(Microphone Icon)Android Keyboard 5:27:38 and counting

Avail:34MB+43MB in 8 Other:34MB in 4

Have no idea what that means. Good? Bad? Nothing? LMAO

MUCH Thanks in advance.

ChromeIce01

Apr 4, 2011
I wasn't aware that there was another thread. Have no idea how that happened. Never saw your response cuz I didn't know about that thread. Is there any way to delete one of them? Anyway thanks for your information in the other one. Do you recommend loading a different "ROM" or whatever like Watery or Honeycomb? I haven't done that yet.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
make sure you have a backup before playing with other roms.
give dolphin browser mini a try.