New Coby Kyros 7022-4G not supported by N wireless routers!

bbu

Jul 21, 2011
Just picked up the new 7" Coby Kyros 7022-4G for under $200. A really impressive piece of hardware. However, it will not talk with N WiFi! This boggles the mind! Its predecessor, the 7024 works with N, and N is the current industry standard. Why in the world would Coby elect to go backwards with technology? The addition of the capacitive screen is great, but if the cost is to limit what WiFi routers the device can connect to, that makes no sense at all. So far, I can only get the device to work at McDonalds. Guess I will be eating a lot of Egg McMuffins... :mad:

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Just picked up the new 7" Coby Kyros 7022-4G for under $200. A really impressive piece of hardware. However, it will not talk with N WiFi! This boggles the mind! Its predecessor, the 7024 works with N, and N is the current industry standard. Why in the world would Coby elect to go backwards with technology? The addition of the capacitive screen is great, but if the cost is to limit what WiFi routers the device can connect to, that makes no sense at all. So far, I can only get the device to work at McDonalds. Guess I will be eating a lot of Egg McMuffins... :mad:

Make sure you have your router set to g and n

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

thiago_lima

Jul 22, 2011
Good morning, I got a problem with my tablet Coby Kyros MID7024-4G. At first he usually connected and recognized the Wifi, but now he does not connect or recognize any network. What can I do?
I read a forum that I had to rename a file within the tablet, but do not know how. Can anyone help me?