New Contest- Evaluation Unit Giveaway with poll

What would be your primary use for your tablet if you had one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pander

Aug 27, 2010
I personally would use a tablet, if i had one, to watch movies while being on the train. Althoug surfing while lying in bed would be a nice thing, too.

cal3thousand

Sep 8, 2010
I would primarily use my android tablet as a web browser and GPS provider in my car ( I plan on making a docking solution)

stoneskin

Sep 8, 2010
Not sure whether the question is what I would do with THAT tablet, or with any Android tablet that ended up in my greedy little paws. If I got THAT tablet, I'd immediately start using it to test a game I'm writing for Android, which while currently it is targeting phones, I've suddenly realised it would be amazingly cool on a tablet. However if I got an Android tablet some day, somehow, when funds permit me to buy one I mean, then I'd probably mainly use it for browsing - I can't at this point imagine using it for reading books, or doing proper writing/emailing, I think I'd still prefer a good old solid keyboard for that, so I suspect I'd just fritter my time away on facebook...

darjar002

Sep 8, 2010
Traveling a lot and a tablet being larger than a mobile phone but smaller than a laptop - it would be on my person constantly, used as a reader (books), web browser (trying to stay up on World news), Skype phone (family contact).
Cheers,
DR.

canucklehead

Sep 8, 2010
Would definitely use the device for web browsing and VOIP.

Eventually, when it dies, it looks like it will become a nice doorstop or Frisbee.

jr14

Sep 8, 2010
I would love to have a tablet running Android, because I love the open source nature of the OS.

I have a phone, with the most basic plan, because I don't call much, and never text, so having an iPhone would be pointless.

I would like a WiFi enabled tablet so if I DID need to go on the interwebs, I could find a hot spot and get online that way.

I mainly want the tablet for music, podcasts (audio and video), and (lots of)e-book reading.

I have enjoyed smaller players (Like the Sansa e260) for some time now, and enjoy being able to strap it to my arm when running, but I'll gladly give that up for the ability to have a huge number of apps at my disposal. (Especially since the e260 won't hold a charge anymore, and it's turned into a dedicated podcaster with an fm treansmitter/charger permanently attached in my car.)

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
Games, App Development, Reading and some Web Browsing, for sure. Not so sure about Videos yet, performance is still a bit choppy.

matildaleon

Sep 8, 2010
Well.....

#10 - listening to .mp3's
#9 - checking private email(s)
#8 - tweeting / blogging
#7 - RS feed reading
#6 - working - (no really - sketching & drawing & researching architecture & landscape architecture & lighting design)
#5 - remote connecting to my desktop to do more of #6 & to check/administer my office server/network
#4 - movie watching
#3 - checking work email
#2 - surfing awesome websites like www.androidtablets.net

and the #1 use for my (android) tablet if I had one?:
Using it to shut up the incessant whine all all my friends and clients who have purchased an iPad who think it's the most amazing thing on the planet while they have no intelligent idea of just how limited & irritatingly proprietary it is. Ughhh - give me some peace PLEASE !!!

:)

splintercraig

Aug 20, 2010
I live and go to school in the downtown area of my city so there are a lot of wifi cafes for me to catch up on things on the net under my own control. A tablet would be prefect for me. PDFs for all the bus schedule rides in would be just tops.

ziltch

Sep 8, 2010

If I had the luck of winning, or when I finish saving for a android tablet, It will make my life a lot easier.

From my chair in the lounge or from bed I could access the web and of course explore the many other android apps that could fill my time. Now that I have two disabilities my movements are limited and I have lots of "free" time.

I think android tablets will make a huge number of disabled peoples lives more enjoyable. Apple's ipad is far to costly and restrictive.

Have a good day :eek:

mtron

Sep 9, 2010
No doubt web browsing. I'm pretty comfortable with my Nook as an e-Reader, but I'm so looking forward to experiencing all of the android tablets coming out so I can enjoy choosing one, and then use it access web and media quickly and easily!

omgsigh

Sep 9, 2010
Reading ebooks is the number one use. I'm trying to teach myself programming from reading ebooks and reading from a computer all day is tiring. I would like to maybe help out the android community on day with my skills. People say I can just get a kindle but for that price I can add a bit more and have more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.