New Craig 7" Tablet CMP741d ICS 4.03

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
When you look make sure usb dedugging is enabled on the tablet and that it is on and unlocked then plug it in and see if you can see where it shows up in the device manager. Open device manager prior to plugging it in to usb and you can tell if it detects it by watching to see if it refreshes when you plug it in. If it refreshes then it is there somewhere you just gotta find it. I never paid attention to what it was originally called. But to pinpoint it you can check the hardware id's. It should show up under other devices or something like android phone. It may even show up as the model number cmp741d or something like rk29xx. But to check to be sure you have the correct device to update right click on the device, click properties, click on details, click the dropdown box under properties and click hardware id's. The one you are looking for will say this

USB\Vid_2207&Pid_0000&Rev_0222&MI_01
USB\Vid_2207&Pid_0000&MI_01

Once you find it update it's driver and point windows to the specified folder. It may give you the driver warning I metioned earlier but itstall it anyway. Afterwards you should be good to go and the tablet will show up under "samsung android phone"

Last edited:

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
yea your right because when i plugged my tablet in it did refresh bt i jst wasnt able to find it because the guide told me to look for either Android or "unknown devices" or "other devices" but i didnt see none. BTW im using windows XP

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
Hey i found it. Hallelujah!!!!! it was in the very bottom but it wasnt called the the model name or rk29sdk. it was named under USB Mass storage device.

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
DUDE THANKS ALOT I FINALLY HAVE MY cmp741d rooted THANKS ALOT. iam so greatful for your help thanks so much. THANK YHU THANK YHU THANK YHU THANK YHU THANK YHU THANK YHU THANK YHU.

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
Ok so now I'm rooted but. I dnt know what to do..... superuser isn't like cydia where it has a lot contents in it. Superuser doesn't come with anytrthing in it. How do I get android market?

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
this wat i get wen i do it. C:\\ Documents ' is not recognized as an internal or external command, or batch file.::Success! ! : :. but nothng is added on my tablet. should i still have usb debugging checked?

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
well i press Install Gapps but nuthing happens for my tablet. even when Adb is installed.what culd be the problem? it sayd internal and externa not recognized.... could that be the problem? did it say that on yours when yhu installed the Gapps?