New Craig 7" Tablet CMP741d ICS 4.03

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
Believe me I bet I tried 10 different gapps methods and all of them didn't work until I found rootthat lol.

Secretflamez

Aug 14, 2012
Hello Can I get some help? I got this tablet and I want to root it , I want help today as soon as possible , I got Android SDK and Java SDK and RootThat and stuff , and I downloaded the Google USB Driver and other 2 things in android SDK manager and I put the 2 driver files where they go but I get errors when I install them and I am not sure

Fabby101

Jul 25, 2012
Hey Chris i think Secretflamez is having the same errors i was having when i first tried to root it....

tealtiger2000

Aug 13, 2012
Does anyone know if there's a way to take screenshots on this tablet? I've tried a couple free apps (which didn't work) and I've seen posts on other sites about using a PC to do it, but I was wondering if there was any other ways anyone knows about?

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
What error? If it's the red box saying the driver isn't signed or whatever then install it anyway. Any other error I'm not sure of so if you can provide some more details and the steps you took to get to that error it could be a big help.

DerpyTails

Aug 31, 2012
I recently got the Tablet today and rooted it Okay, but the one gripe I have is, Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition has a MAJOR scaleline issue with the graphics

tealtiger2000

Aug 13, 2012
Does anyone know if it's possible to use Bluetooth on this tablet? I have a wireless headset that, if able, I would love to use with it when I'm on Skype.

DerpyTails

Aug 31, 2012
Does anyone know if it's possible to use Bluetooth on this tablet? I have a wireless headset that, if able, I would love to use with it when I'm on Skype.

Sadly, no, but I would've LOVE to have Bluetooth too, but the only possible solution (and I haven't even tested it yet) is try a USB Headset

tealtiger2000

Aug 13, 2012
Sadly, no, but I would've LOVE to have Bluetooth too, but the only possible solution (and I haven't even tested it yet) is try a USB Headset

Aww bummer. Well, I do have a headset (it's not USB) but I got an adapter that plugs into the USB so I can use this headset. I haven't tried that yet, either.

Correction...I've just tried my adapter, and plugged my headset into that. I still heard the sound coming directly from the tablet, instead of through my headset. The mic on my headset didn't work on it, either. I'm guessing that there needs to be a way for the tablet to recognize these things being plugged into the USB port, but I don't know if there is a way or how to do it. Anyone know if this is possible?

Last edited:

DerpyTails

Aug 31, 2012
Aww bummer. Well, I do have a headset (it's not USB) but I got an adapter that plugs into the USB so I can use this headset. I haven't tried that yet, either.

Correction...I've just tried my adapter, and plugged my headset into that. I still heard the sound coming directly from the tablet, instead of through my headset. The mic on my headset didn't work on it, either. I'm guessing that there needs to be a way for the tablet to recognize these things being plugged into the USB port, but I don't know if there is a way or how to do it. Anyone know if this is possible?

It won't work then, some devices won't work as I've tried the following devices and some worked and some didn't:

Worked:
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combo
Retrolink USB NES Controller (Tried Sonic CD Lite with it and it works AWESOME :D)
Android Phone (Shows up as Storage Device) (Insert Androidception joke)

What doesn't:
USB Hub

Untested:
Cricket USB Modem (Don't own one yet)

thales

Aug 8, 2012
Android apparently tells web sites to serve it the mobile version of the requested page. Is there some way to override this and just get the normal page by default? The 7" screen is large enough that I'd rather just get the standard pages, not the chopped down ones.

Thanks.

Bill

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
Android apparently tells web sites to serve it the mobile version of the requested page. Is there some way to override this and just get the normal page by default? The 7" screen is large enough that I'd rather just get the standard pages, not the chopped down ones.

Thanks.

Bill

Download a different browser. Some of them have the option to turn off the mobile browser feature and use the desktop standard. I can't think of one right off but I do know they exist because I've used one on my Galaxy S2 phone before.

DerpyTails

Aug 31, 2012
Download a different browser. Some of them have the option to turn off the mobile browser feature and use the desktop standard. I can't think of one right off but I do know they exist because I've used one on my Galaxy S2 phone before.

Replying to this, the Best different browser with a Desktop User Agent switcher is Dolphin Browser, plus it takes up less RAM than Firefox or Opera :)

thales

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks for the responses. I tried Dolphin briefly for other reasons. Maybe I'll need to give it another look on this basis.

DerpyTails

Aug 31, 2012
For those trying to save battery life a little, remove the Facebook, Twitter, SlideME and GetJar apps if you are rooted and also, buy Root Explorer, it's a real life-saver for rooted Android Tablets/Phones :)