New Data Suggests That Android Could Overtake the Apple iPad in the Tablet Market

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Oct 2, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Perhaps this pic above is the way Apple perceives Android: The Android-Terminator!

According to a new Pew report, shared in an article at Forbes.com, new data suggests that Android tablets are gaining ground quickly and may overtake sales of the Apple iPad in the near future. Here's a quote with the details,

We knew that Android was gaining ground on iOS in the tablet arena, but we honestly didn't realize it was this fast. Maybe this is why Apple sees Android as such a threat and is attacking them in the courts?

Source: Forbes

2. geckoT2C

geckoT2C Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  3. tazz3

tazz3 Member

This is great news

4. autospa

autospa Member

When it comes to new features Android always stays ahead of the iOS and it is one of the biggest reasons that makes the Android tablet much more popular than the iPad.

5. jimmyt

jimmyt Member

Does their data take in to consideration the Thousands and thousands of apad and up china tablets, and those from France, Turkey and other countries. Probably not. I think they pick the top four, and go with those figures, which may be skewed to the nth. I use my apad a lot, as well as my nook color, and my ekens, for processing square accounts at trade shows. I am sure others use them as well, judging by the amount of interest on the web.