New Dedicated Asus Transformer Forum!

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

Today is an exciting day for the Android Tablet world. ASUS, known for making high quality computer components is launching their first Honeycomb tablet in the US. The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer goes on sale today with a suggested retail price of only $399! Asus has managed to pack some great hardware into this device including the nVidia Tegra 2 processor, 5MP Camera, 10.1" screen. Plus, you can also get the optional add-on keyboard dock, with built-in extra battery for only $150!

Already sold out on Amazon, I'm sure this new tablet will be a major contender in the new Android Tablet era. Be sure to visit the newest forum in the Android.net Network dedicated to the Asus Transformer at Asus Transformer Tablet Forum

npompei

Apr 23, 2011
Im so pissed this thing is sold out already. I am literally basing my photo bus. off this thing! I am planning to meet with a couple to go over their album and I wanted this to show off. Had to pre-order from Best Buy. Date says arrives May 11-19. UGH

Hal

Apr 10, 2011
Is anyone else completely frustrated with Asus. Obviously, their MO is to build public demand and trickle out to generate the publicity. I must admit they are good at it. I'm sick of reading "I'm so getting this....". I bought the original Asus EEE PC (still have it) and they did the same thing. The Transformer was to be "on shelves on the 26th" at a couple dozen stores. There were no leaks about shipments or availability. Obviously, there are thousand of people working at the listed stores. It was clear to me they're pulling a Wii. Build the demand and making and shipping the product can come later, after all the press about the incredible demand. This thing will be in demand for a long time. If you're aggressive you may get it before July. It was released in Europe and sold out instantly, how could they possibly move on to US & Canada when they can't meet demand there. At 6 AM EST this morning internet articles appearred with "sold out in minutes". They sure didn't waste any shelf space. It's a joke. I wonder how many units they actually sold. We're all being manipulated. All that said, I love the product. I'd buy it tomorrow. But I don't expect to. I see the Acer Iconia coming any day now. Numerous others coming soon. The Lenovo interest me. In print, the Asus beats them all. But taking advantage of me is a real turn-off. I actually want to purchase something else now. I simply fell manipulated.

npompei

Apr 23, 2011
I hear ha Hal. I have a small belief, from reading a ton of reviews, that they hit some snaffus in software glitches. Rather than ship with problems (XOOM) they held back orders until they ironed out the problem. Hence now mid-May. This is just a complete guess. Because as you said, how in the world does NOT ONE SINGLE employee at these stores NOT know about this thing?! Holy crap. I think Asus sent out their "marketing" supplies to some stores but the real orders are not to be filled until mid-May. Again, just my guess.

And for the last thing, Asus, how in the hell have you NOT commented yet?! Over 350 replies on their facebook page of complete and total frustration and anger. Not because your product sucks, but because you have lied and now have done nothing?!

There, I am done venting. Bed time!

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
Best Buy nor Amazon are offering pre-orders anymore. Will this be the shortest lived tablet launch in history? LOL Doubt it. Even the iPad2 is still unavailable (but at least it can be ordered). Common Asus, show us some love.