(New Device) Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth [s7-701u]

adomhoar

Aug 30, 2013
I have bought a new device and i haven't seen it here. This device has 3G capabilities and a good battery life. I've bought it for 329 TL (~$165).

Specs: Tablets-MediaPad 7 Youth-Specifications-Huawei Consumer BG

Height
193.4mm
Width
120.6mm
Depth
9.9mm
Weight
About 350g

Color
black
Display
7” WSVGA(1024x600)TN
CPU
AP: Cortex-A9 Dual 1.6GHz
Modem: Huawei Balong V3R2
Operation System
Android 4.1 + Huawei Emotion UI
Memory
RAM : 1GB
Internal Storage: 4GB/8GB/16GB
Extended : Up to 32GB microSD
Network
HSPA+ (up to 21Mbps DL / 5.76Mbps UL)
HSPA / UMTS
EDGE/GPRS/GSM
GPS
GPS/A-GPS
Connectivity
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n
Sensors
Accelerometer
Camera
Front: 0.3Mp
Rear: 3Mp
Audio
Built-in MIC, Speaker
Audio formats: ogg / wav / wma / mid, midi / mp3 / 3gp(aac) / amr / ape / flac etc.
Video
Video formats: AVI, WMV, MP4, MKV, RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV, 3GP etc., up to 1080p@30fps
Cloud Service
Supported
Battery
Battery: 4100mAh Li-Po.
Travel Charger: 100~240VAC @ 50/60Hz AC-In, 5V/2A DC-Out.
In the box
Standard: Charger, USB-microUSB Cable
Optional: USB OTG Cable, Car Charger, Cover, Screen Protector, Earphone

adomhoar

Aug 30, 2013
This device (with the new firmware published 28th August 2013) ( Support-MediaPad 7 Youth-Downloads-Huawei Consumer BG ) can also acts like a phone. You can send and recieve calls/sms/mms. Calls can be either made with the help of earphones or handsfree (speaker).

I have installed GTA Vice City 10th Anniversary and it is smooth.

The only problem for me is i can't root it.

mraheel83

Dec 7, 2013
Hello Guys,

I found a very easy step to root (Huawei Mediapad 7 Youth [s7-701u]) device.
Just download
VRoot_1.6.0.3689_english.zip (link here: Dev-Host - VRoot_1.6.0.3689_english.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service) and install on Windows. Once it will install so it might be ask you to upgrade or automatically upgrade to V 1.7.2. Just upgrade it and then go to Developer Option under Android Settings and check "USB Debugging" option.

Then connect your device with PC and Run VRoot software. It will check your device and try to connect it. Once it will connect then just click "Root" button and that's it.

Once your device will rooted then it will reboot.

Thanks
Raheel

cikzj

Apr 13, 2014
hi i think maybe i late for this thread...

Do u know how to block contact number (incoming call) ?

Harry10111

Aug 18, 2014
Hey guys and girls. Is there maybe any one that can help me to connect my huawei s7-701u mediapad youth 7 to my telefunken flatscreen tv. Model is tled 32fhdp tv or computer screen. Got a hdmi cable with a micro usb. Or should i buy a blue ray player with dlna( would that even work.) Already got a mouse connected with bluetooth keyboard. Also using memory stick to safe big project. This is a greaaaat tab, and love it to bits, just need to connect it to external display.