New Firmware 4626 for the TC970...Somebody?

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
Hi :)

I just notice today that LePan service has released the 1/9/2012 the New firmware v. 4626
I wonder if anybody has tried the instalation of this firmware.

As you know, I have some problems with my TC970 such as; sleep of death and some freeze up screens...Some weeks ago, the LePan service told me that they were working on a new version of Firmware to fix this bugs. Do you think this one could be "the" firmware?

Anyway, I think I´ll give a try tomorrow with the 4626. I mean, what can I loose?

BTW this is the link: http://lepan.supportsync.com/articles/view/Latest_Firmware_for_LePan_TC_970_Tablet_Computer_11

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I updated both my 970's with the new firmware. they seemed to run fine with no problems. I just received our new le pan II's so the old ones are going back. I would do the update if I were you.

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
The update did seem to help with some stability issues and WiFi - there is actually yet another one that was leaked by a former employee just yesterday... so I would certainly flash the latest official one and see.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
"there is actually yet another one that was leaked by a former employee just yesterday"

Any info on what it is? Link?

thanks

tritonx

Jan 16, 2012
I've got the firmware and instructions file downloaded (though have had no problems with wireless connection on WPA2 or freezing so far). I've held off doing it because I've got a question about it erasing the card. Does that mean all the apps that came with the tablet and the ones I've added will all be erased? I can't seem to find any information on this.

ETA: sorry to jump on OP's post especially as I posed the question on another thread that I immediately lost track of and I see it's been answered there. My bad and apologies.

Last edited:

Danny

Jan 11, 2011
Were did you get it?

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
hey Danny, that is a link. you should be able to clik on it and will take you to the page that has the download links.

Last edited:

Danny

Jan 11, 2011
Hey thanks. I'm a new member there and it want let me get there. Wasn't trying to be ugly could you email it to me please.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
you can get to the latest official firmware update at lepantab.com go to the support page

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Since I haven't had any stability or connection issues, and mine has worked perfectly since day one, is there any reason for me to upgrade to this? If there's no benefit, I kinda prefer to leave well enough alone...but if there is a benefit, I'd prefer to have it.

Sandmonkee

Jan 21, 2012
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=1669&pp=10

...try that.

But as the man said, I wouldn't bother updating unless you are having issues.

For me, the 4626 did not fix any of my problems, and the latest unit I got (my third one - I've returned two of these to amazon already) is working fine with the 4431, so thats staying right where it is. I downloaded a copy of 4749 to my computer just in case something goes wrong in the future, but thats it.

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Sandmonkee, people are having trouble seeing that post since it's on the XDA LePan Users Social group; which can only be seen once someone registers at XDA, and then finds and joins the group.

It's worth checking out, as there's a lot of interesting info and discussions.

I have installed the leaked firmware, and it's running fine for me. Solved a problem I had with Static IP not working, works now.

Beware this is _not_ an official, Le Pan sanctioned firmware version. It wasn't supposed to be publicly available.

Disclaimer apart, it seems to work fine, and they are fixing bugs slowly. Sadly they are now concentrating on the new tab models, and dropped version upgrade plans for the TC970.

If you are brave enough to take the plunge, the binary files are here :

Leaked Firmware 4749 for the TC970 - DOWNLOAD LINK ( ** Link revised, Feb 9, 2012 ** )

MIRROR link in a different Host --> DOWNLOAD from Mirror HERE (** Mirror added, Feb 9, 2012 )

Last edited: