New G tab, micro sd port question

drum747

Mar 19, 2011
Hi all! Received my G tablet yesterday, installed Vegan and love it so far. I wet to install the microsd card and the port has no spring to it? You have to push the card all the way in to get it to stay and there is no pushback. I had to remove it with tweezers. What is your experience with the port please?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Don't let it get you down. This is the first I've heard of this issue so it must be a rare case.

drum747

Mar 19, 2011
Thanks. That's good to hear. I ordered another one for my wife last night from woot . Nice device and now I know how to get it running nice thanks to forums like this. Thanks again!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Before you ship it back...i would check it quickly and very gently just to make sure the spring was properly aligned and not stuck.

drum747

Mar 19, 2011
I did check it out pretty good before I requested the RA and packed it up.I was not able to see anything fixable and I did poke around in there to see if something was stuck. no such luck. The other thing was that the card would only show 13GB available but it is a brand new class 10 Lexar 32GB and I just formatted it and ran a test on my DX , it showed 29.8GB free, weird.
I will miss it at least until my wife's gets here! Thanks guys!