New guy and a Security Certificate Question

K Spud

Feb 6, 2011
Must be time to throw it out the window. I just tried two different wifi connections with the same error message appearing. I am I the only one that can not log on to the hotmail webpage?

Karl

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Must be time to throw it out the window. I just tried two different wifi connections with the same error message appearing. I am I the only one that can not log on to the hotmail webpage?

Karl

Weird, I have no problem logging in to my hotmail (live.com) with all 3 of my browsers on my NC. Using https and all that goes with it. Try another secure site. Do you have a screenshot of the error?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
ok, next test. while at home, try to load your routers config address into the browser. can you see that?

K Spud

Feb 6, 2011
Here is screen shot. I got the same error on paypal, but then it let me in as normal when I selected continue

Attachments

• $11-02-09-1.png
    $11-02-09-1.png
    34 KB · Views: 448

K Spud

Feb 6, 2011
Not on Hotmail, that still does not work. I tried another one and that worked also, so it is just hotmail. When I hit continue in hotmail it crashes Dolphin.

Karl

Last edited:

K Spud

Feb 6, 2011
When I enter the address it comes up and says that my desktop computer is managing this connection.

Karl

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I think its between you and the site, you need to get live.com to send you a new ssl certificate. Are you typing hotmail.com or something else or using a bookmark? Also try a search in google for hotmail.com and then use the link from the search.

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010
I think its between you and the site, you need to get live.com to send you a new ssl certificate. Are you typing hotmail.com or something else or using a bookmark? Also try a search in google for hotmail.com and then use the link from the search.

The ssl certificate is presented by the web server. SSL is secured end <-> end.

K Spud - I'm not sure what is going on ... how about you post a screen shot of the certificate being presented to the browser ? I am curious if you have a proxy connection somehow going on, or if you are being presented an invalid cert, or your root CA list is borked, or what.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I am so far out of ideas, I feel weak. K-Spud, I really have NO idea where else to look.

No matter what website you go to, you get the error? And most of them will work if you just continue past the error?

K Spud

Feb 6, 2011
I do not get the error at all of them and some it is only the first time a visit.

Karl