new guy needs help with samsung tab detecting issues!

Glide

Mar 2, 2013
First of all im new here ,,but love the site so far,,
I just bought a samsung galaxy 2 10.1 tablet while in a long term hosp stay after i found out the ambulance transfer guys ruined the screen on my laptop ,,,,with new tablet in hand i got to know it well after months of bed time and it worked great with hosp wifi but once home i had planned to use it with my nokia e71 and the Joikuspot app that had worked great with laptop but my tablet will not detect the wifi signal at all and was wondering if anybody can help with this issue whether its a different app or settings?
Everybody who comes to the house can pick it up along with the house wifi,,, I need this nokia hotspot to work as I will be using it on a long rd trip to use tablet for directions, campgrounds etc!,,, untill I can afford a smart phone or buy a personal mifi!,, whatever!,,, anyway thx for this awsome site as im sure I will have more tablet questions!:rolleyes:

Greasy

Jan 11, 2013
I found the best way to connect at home was to run for a short while without any security on the WiFi at all, until the tablet 'sees' the SSID, indeed make sure the SSID isn't hidden in the settings of the WiFi unit! When the tablet has connected, add in the WiFi protection again. Probably best to do this at an 'odd' hour when no-one else is likely to be using the wifi

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum glide
I have a link in my signature file below with tips and tricks for getting connected. Take look and see if it doesn't solve your problem.