New Here, Need Help Identifying Tablet

Gabinka

Mar 12, 2014
Hi, I'm Gabinka. I've had my Android tablet since it first came out. It's the Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101) and I do have the keyboard dock. I love it.

But I came here because of my daughter's tablet. My son got a hold of it, put a pattern lock on it, and after my daughter tried 2 times to get in, it locked out. It's asking for a Gmail account and password. We couldn't remember the password. I reset it, but apparently, it doesn't update on the tab. So now I'd just like to Hard reset it and set it back to factory default. But I have NO idea what brand it is.

She got it for her birthday from my sister back in 2011. Sister got it some months before. But it's Android 1.5 and slowness drove her crazy. Fine for a kid though. Can anyone help me identify it or reset it? I'll discribe it:

7" Android 1.5. Silver back, black front, rounded corners. The silver back shows as an outline all around the front. Looking at it horizontally: Power button upper left side. Small menu button and volume rocker on top left. Top right is a small hole for the microphone. Right side has from top to bottom: speaker, microSD slot, dongle slot, earphone jack, power jack, speaker. Nothingn on bottom. Front: left center is the only camera, upper left is power indicator light, right center a larger menu button. The black bordering the screen is thicker on the right side. The dongle includes a USB slor (or two) and an ethernet port.

$IMG_20140312_224108.jpg

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Gabinka, congratulations on your TF101 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people familiar with that unknown tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. While you're waiting for replies, I'd suggest you try some of the hard reset methods posted in this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html. One of them may work for that tablet you're trying to identify, and you won't hurt anything by trying. Just be sure the tablet has a good charge before trying to reset. Good luck!

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Gabinka, try this for the pattern lock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabinka

Mar 12, 2014
I've tried P + UP, P + D, P + Menu, P + Home, P + M + D, P + M +Up, P + H + D, P + H + Up, P + H + M, P + H + M + Up, and P + H + M + D. Not many other combinations to try. All do exactly the same thing: Vibration sound and power light for 5 seconds, then nothing. Power light goes off, nothing else happens. The tablet is till off for another try.

My son did this to try to keep everyone else out of it. Now he can't even get in it. No one can. He tried to say he could this morning, so I had him try it. Of course , it didn't work. I don't know why it doesn't pick up the password change from Google. I know what the password is NOW for her gmail account. I just don't remember what it was 2 or 3 years ago. By the way, the key to my letters up there are P= Power, M= Menu, D = Down. Up is obvious.

fonzi

Mar 8, 2014
Some tablets have a tiny hole somewhere which is supposed to be a reset,did you look for that?

Otherwise what about booting into recovery mode? Try holding volume down (or up) with power button held down.
If that doesnt work what about entering recovery by ADB?
Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC, connect your Android device to your PC with a USB cable and install ADB drivers (if needed).

Navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click anywhere in the folder > Open Command Prompt).

Type in the following command and press Enter.

adb reboot recovery Your Android device will turn OFF and then boot into the recovery mode. Navigate up and down using the volume keys.

(Some info there taken from another site so credits to whom it may concern)