New here

Texasmama

Sep 9, 2011
My name is Angie I just recently got a Vizio tablet. So far i am loving the tablet just can't figure out how to download the facebook app. I

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Angie, welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us here. I'm going to move your post over to the Vizio Tablets section of the forum. I think someone there will be able to help you out.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
The Facebook app isn't available/compatible with the Vizio VTAB 1008 yet.

Jim

linux4kix

Sep 9, 2011
Google facebookforandroidv164.apk and download it. I would look for a link from the xda forums. Then install something like the astro filemanager from the android market. Navigate to you download folder and install the. Apk from there. Facebook is running fine on my tablet.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Kent2424

Sep 3, 2011
Hi, try Friendcaster. It acts as an interface for Facebook. Works fine on my Vizio.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
The Facebook app isn't available/compatible with the Vizio VTAB 1008 yet.

Jim

While the Facebook doesn't show in the market, it is compatible. I installed v 1.6.2 on our VTAB for my wife. I got the apk from a thread at XDA.

You can get Facebook 1.6.4 here. I pulled it from my phone (Dell Streak).

Last edited:

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Neither will run on my VTab

The link to the 1.6.4 version was bad, I just fixed it.

When you say won't run what exactly happens? Won't install or won't open after install?

I could not test the apk I pulled form my phone on our VTAB because my wife has it on a trip, but it did install on my phone, Make sure you enable unknown sources.

Last edited:

pschatzy

Sep 2, 2011
The link to the 1.6.4 version was bad, I just fixed it.

When you say won't run what exactly happens? Won't install or won't open after install?

I could not test the apk I pulled form my phone on our VTAB because my wife has it on a trip, but it did install on my phone, Make sure you enable unknown sources.

Installs fine. When fired up, I get as message that says that the app closed unexpectedly. I am going to reset my Vtab to factory, do the updates and try the install again.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
pschatzy,

It may be enough to just turn the VTAB off and then back on. I haven't tested 1.6.4 on the VTAB, but 1.6.2 did work fine on ours. I added a link for 1.6.2 to the article I linked to.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
I use friendcaster its just as good if not better than the facebook app well worth the $ to get the paid version.