New Le Pan owner

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
the le pan II has exactly the same 30 pin output set up as the tc 970. there are no additional ports. per le pan hdmi output is possible with a 30 pin to hdmi connector but they don't sell one as of yet. I was able to update my le pan during a breif period when they had one up. mine will work fine with bluetooth keyboards. I thnk they are going to re launch the update in about two weeks. the tc970 should work with a keyboard if you install bluekeyboard jp first. it is free in the market.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Not going to buy a LP2. Waiting for the LP3. Hoping it does not have the same setup.
I would love to try one just for the you know what of it. But those odd ball conections will keep me away. They may be fine otherwise but if their OEM connectors are proprietary to the point where if the dongle gets chewed or broken or lost and I can't find a new one because they have stopped supporting it or for any other reason I would be very unhappy.
Standard connectors mean I can at least get replacement cables just about anywhere even if LePan totally discontinues the model and support.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
Hello everyone

After having my LePan II for a few days I'm ready to give my thoughts on it. Just realize that I'm not a very good writer, and as this is my first Android device and tablet, I don't have anything else to compare it to. My first impression out of the box was that it is a very elegant looking tablet, and looks far more expensive that the $279 price would suggest. I noticed as I powered it on that there was a bit of a light leak along the right hand edge of the screen, about 3/4 of an inch or so long. During normal use it isn't evident unless the background is dark. At this price a few small imperfections are expected. The touch screen is a joy to use, very quick and responsive. The display is crisp and sharp. The hard buttons of the TC970 have been replaced with virtual buttons along the bottom of the screen, and the tablet vibrates when the keys are pressed. On the left hand bottom are the Back, Home, and Shortcut keys, and along the right bottom there is a clock, WiFi strength, and battery life indicator. At certain times the button icons are not seen and in their place is a small illuminated dot indicating their position, a handy feature. The Honeycomb OS works well, so I haven't done any updates and probably won't until Ice Cream Sandwich is available. I've downloaded an app called Multicon from the Android app store, which lets you display 4 icons in the space normally used by one, and the Battery Solo widget that displays a large battery life icon on the desktop. Both apps are free and highly recommended. Another app I love is called Dropbox. I downloaded Dropbox onto my tablet, laptop, and desktop. Whatever I store in Dropbox shows up on all of my computers, a very handy feature. To finish up I'd like to say after having my Le Pan II for only 5 days I wouldn't spend twice the money to have an iPad II, especially since the iPad doesn't run Flash. I hope that more folks hear about Le Pan and that their sales take off through the roof. Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but it is an incredible tablet at an unbelievable price.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
LePan Fan, where did you get the tablet at that price. There is a member either here or at the Androidforums that is interested in one but the only place I knew to find them was at amazon and they are 399.00 there.
If I knew where you got that one I could look my post back up and let that member know so they cold get it at a more reasonable price.

Also, the vibrations can be turned off by going in to settings and probably sound and turning off haptic feed back.
IPads out of the box will not run flash true. But there is a browser you can install on the IPad 2 called SkyFire which will run flash out of it. So while the tablet itself is not flash ready, the add on browser is.
But on the whole, these LePan tablets and the low cost units from Vizio are going to put the hurt on many of the bigger makers and force them to bring their prices down. Which is fine for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
Androidfonefan, I got mine for $299 at Newegg before they ran out (they now show $279).
Newegg.com - Le Pan II Tablet PC Qualcomm APQ8060(1.2GHz) 9.7" XGA 1GB Memory DDR2 8GB NAND Flash HDD

Amazon is still $279 but 2-4 weeks out. You were seeing a different seller on Amazon.
Go here: Amazon.com: Le Pan II 9.7-Inch Tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories
That $399 seller is just taking advantage of the low stock.

Walmart had them at that price too...now they are out:
Walmart.com: LePan - LEPANII - Wi-Fi 9.7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) Operating System: Computers

Same with Best Buy:
Le Pan - II Tablet with 8GB Memory - Black/Silver - LE PAN II

Hopefully Le Pan will crank up the production of these soon.

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
LePan Fan, where did you get the tablet at that price. There is a member either here or at the Androidforums that is interested in one but the only place I knew to find them was at amazon and they are 399.00 there.

I bought mine through the Wal-Mart website, with .97 shipping. As it was said the Wal-Mart site currently doesn't show any Le Pan tablets for sale.

jojo74

Mar 7, 2012
Hi. just got my LE Pan today and can't wait to try it out after its charged!

howala

Mar 9, 2012
i have had mine for two weeks now and love, i bought mine from walmart, HSN has them as well

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
this may sound silly, what do you mean when u sat "root" the tablet?
to root your phone or tablet is to gain access to the "root" directory of the operating system. this is not possible or authorized by the manufacturer as it comes out of the box. there are advantages and risks in rooting. if you are rooted you have a lot more options as to what your tablet can do. do it wrong however and you could "brick"' it. as in make it so it no longer works and is about as useful as a brick. rooting will also void your warranty so be sure you think about it before you do it.