New Leaks Suggest More Android Tabs from Samsung: Galaxy Tab 3 (Santos) & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
sam810llogo-blue-ocean.jpg

It looks like we have a flood of Android tablet news today. Here's another story regarding new Samsung tablets supposedly from a leaked source. Apparently, Samsung will continue their Galaxy Tab lineup with multiple variations of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. According to the leaked info, we will see a 7-inch (or 7.7-inch) as well as 10-inch varieties, just like in the past. We have these four model numbers: GT-P3200, GT-P3210, GT-P5200 and GT-P5210. Supposedly, these correspond to WiFi and/or 3G/4G models. There were no details about specs other than 5MP cameras for the tabs.

A second bit of leaked info suggests Samsung is working on a new higher-end flagship Android tablet with model number GT-P8200. It has the current codename "Roma," but little else is known except for a 5MP camera again. If these are designed to be the next high-end tablets from Sammy, we suspect these will likely be the fist Samsung tablets with the Exynos Octa 5 8-core chip in them, but that is just pure speculation at this point. As always we will share more details when they arrive.

Source: TalkAndroid

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wow, Sammy isn't backing down. Good for them and for the the options they are providing to us. I do have to say though that 5MP on a high end tablet camera is pretty weak. I am one of the ones who doesn't think tablets are for taking pictures and video but if it is going to be "high end" you have to do better than that for the people who will use their tablet that way.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I just read that we will see an 8" version of the Galaxy note, the 5100. I also imagine Samsung believes the camera will be used more for video than still photographs, so a larger sensor really isn't needed. I only use the camera for scanning documents anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1