New line of Coby tablets with 4.0 ICS

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for sharing this! Exciting stuff to be sure! I am not sure if I want to wait or not before we grab one of the Coby's, assuming we don't get the sylvania one this sunday at big Lots. I am torn between paying 80 more for a coby and having the features they have, or going with the resistive screened sylvania SYTAB10ST. If I could wait for one, I'd get that 1042, it sounds sweet! Definitely love this brand. It's too bad they are slow to release firmware. :p Thanks again trickbiker121! :D

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
I would love if they would make it stock android and provide the firmware.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
7-inch MID7042 can't wait. Great news.:cool: Waiting for release date and price. I'm thinking a July 2012 release @ $179.00

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Oh wouldn't that be sweet afterlife? I hope you're right, I bet the 1042 will suit my family's needs and be in the realm of $200-ish. :)

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
This is great news. Article said it would have 1gb internal memory. This is huge and really benefit the tablet w/ ics and overall smooth experience.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
This is great news. Article said it would have 1gb internal memory. This is huge and really benefit the tablet w/ ics and overall smooth experience.

I read that too, I agree, it's bound to be a great series of devices they release during this first quarter next year. Kinda makes me want to wait for that release. Might be the best way to get the most for our money. Just depends. If not I think the 1125 will do just fine in making my family happy. :D

*A girl can dream about ICS on a spankin' new coby though....*

JerryScript

Mar 12, 2011
The fact they are using the same processor, same sizes, and the quick release dates, indicates they are most likely porting ICS to existing hardware. If so, it will be interesting to see how ICS actually stacks up to Gingerbread side-by-side. ;)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
The fact they are using the same processor, same sizes, and the quick release dates, indicates they are most likely porting ICS to existing hardware. If so, it will be interesting to see how ICS actually stacks up to Gingerbread side-by-side. ;)

I was wondering the same thing JerryScript. It would be great if they do port ICS to existing devices. I really hope that happens. :D

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Also, hopefully there wont be any kinks like the dell streak they went from 2.3 to Honeycomb and had lots of problems. thats why they were selling cheap. I think please correct me if im wrong for ICS the 1g processor is the minimum for it to work?