New line of Coby tablets with 4.0 ICS

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
7042 is on amazon for preorder in late april delivery, although I would reccommend holding on as someone will probably have it out before then.

Edit: There are some hands on reviews of the new tablets on youtube, for some reason they appear to have gone back to the same casing as the 7022 instead of the 7125.

I think I might hold off on getting one until I read some reviews (might go for the 8" instead).

Last edited:

ina555

Mar 31, 2012
I bought the 9742 from QVC and just got it. I like it so far. However, I'm a newbie to Android and now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get Android Market (Google Play) on it. It comes with Getjar, but I need the apps from Google. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know!

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
I bought the 9742 from QVC and just got it. I like it so far. However, I'm a newbie to Android and now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get Android Market (Google Play) on it. It comes with Getjar, but I need the apps from Google. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know!

Odds are there will be a way, you'll have to wait for someone to figure it out though.

Edit: Try this

Last edited:

Pat0823

Apr 6, 2012
Hi all. This is my first post here and I am not sure of what I am doing other than finding answers. Just purchased the Coby 9742 and I am unable to install the only two games I want to play?..Words with Friendsand Scramble Free. I have them on my iPhone. I am having so much difficulty finding apps for andrpid tablets. Many for telephone which I don't have. Can anyone tell me in laymen's terms if this can be done. If not I'm getting an iPad tomorrow
Thanks so much from one frustrated Nanny.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It can be done, the problem is with coby, they refuse to comply with google so the have no access to google's market shipped from factory, you can install google's market yourself. It's not going to be easy to add the market it can be done, but requires work.