New Market Fix

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
What app are you using to edit the system/build file. I have tried everything installed with the HarmonyV1.2 and I can see the file (with Astro file explorer) but not edit. Will I have to side load the app?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Personally I am too lazy to go through too much in the way of config changes etc. What I did is as follows (usually how i edit most of my things for this type of work).

1. Use Root Explorer to navigate to the file I want, then I copy it to my Sugar Sync directory.
2. Open the file on my computer
3. Save an unedited copy in case I need it
4. Edit the docs for whatever changes I need
5. Save the file back to Sugar Sync on my PC
6. Use Root Explorer to move the new file back to the original location
7. Reboot

An alternative method is also to open the file via ADB and copy, edit, delete or move the file that way...
Or...
Open the file in Term and edit it directly.

I like the PC method because it takes the file I am working on off the device to a neutral location. I used to do everything on my device but borked two tablets pretty bad fat-fingering things so I stopped do that there if possible.

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
I used root explorer, set the directory to read/write and long pressed the file I wanted to edit, and edited it.
Then I set the directory back to read only.

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
$Xoom.PNG

Shows as a Xoom now that I switched to stingray.

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
UPDATE DO NOT USE STINGRAY!!!

It auto-updated some stuff on my g-tablet to honeycomb versions that wouldn't load, and then I was stuck in a reboot loop at the dancing android in TnT G-Harmony.... AHAHAHAHA
If you did STINGRAY switch to OLYMPUS before it is too late!!!!

Fendogz

Feb 3, 2011
I heard something about imx51_bbg. Can that be used? I dont know anything about this but i know someone that has a chinese tablet with the market and it has this as the product.