New Member Introduction

MelB429

Nov 17, 2012
Hi!

I joined the forum because I am hoping to receive a new Android tablet as a birthday gift for my 30th birthday coming up next month!
I wanted a big gift for this big birthday and at the end of the day I don't want to have to open up my laptop to use it for entertainment, I'd rather have a separate device for fun on nights and weekends and then use my laptop primarily for work. I'm still trying to decide which one to get, but top contenders are the Asus Transformer Tf700 and the Google Nexus 10.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum Mel!

Those are both excellent choices. The advantages of the TF700: IPS+ display (visible in direct sunlight), it has a microSD slot for more expansion. Also, if you want a physical keyboard, the keyboard dock (with extra battery, USB and SD slot) cannot be beat.

I think the biggest drawback to the Nexus10 is the storage because of no USB or SD slots. 32 GB may be enough, but it is hard to know until you get it and start using it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mel, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.