New Member Introduction

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
Hi everyone. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm goning to be 31 in a couple weeks and I'm from Minneapolis, MN but currently live in St. Cloud, MN (about a hour NW of Minneapolis). I just bought one of them D2PAD's from BigLots last week and found this awesome forum when trying to find roms, mods and support. It looks like there's a lot of good people here. I also like that there is some Dev support for these tablets. It's my first tablet and I like it so much I went back and bought one for my wife and 10 and 6 year old sons. I'm just glad I was able to get 4 of them! I'm pretty new to the Android world and can't wait to learn more. From the forums I've read here so far it seems like a good place to get some great info from friendly people who are willing to help beginners. Thank you for having me and please post back some info as I would love to start meeting everyone.

Thanks,
Mike

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mike, congratulations on your new D2PAD's and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Most of the activity regarding your tablets seems to be in the Allwinner A10 Based forum. If/when you have a problem or a question, just click that link and you'll be magically transported there. Enjoy those tablets and the forum!

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
@Spider, Hi, and thanks for the link. I'm sure it will be used a lot ;)
@stg13 Hi and thanks: )
@cali Hi and thanks.....and I sure wish I was in Cali right about now :D

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thank you, I see you are using a Nook...how is the Nook?

The Nook devices (not the e-ink readers unless you want just a reader) are awesome. I have learned quite a lot about Android though having them. Virtually unbrickable with a great developer community means Android updates almost as fast as Google Nexus devices through custom ROMs. While the Nook Color is showing its processor age in lack of power compared to modern devices. The dual core Nook Tablet compares vary well to the Nexus 7 quad core. The new Nook HD should also be quite nice.

JP

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
Well thanks for your opinion on the Nook, and its kinda cool to hear that it's almost unbrickable. That's real damn appealing to me lol since I can't even figure out how to get CWM Recovery and gapps on my tab. :'(