*New Member* MID8042 Internal Memory

tanderson291

Oct 24, 2012
Hello, I am a new member of the forum! First of all I would like to thank all of you senior members for making it so simple and straightforward to root and install google play. I especially thank Traveller1701 and vampirefo for all of the work you have done for the 3rd Generation Coby devices.

I followed the directions in the development index and I am very happy with the results. I have also switched the mount points to allow for more apps on the external sd card. I am now curious about expanding my /system and /data partitions in the internal memory however I am hesitant to use livesuit after all of the horror stories I have seen.

My question is... Is there a possible way to increase the sizes of /system and /data partitions without using livesuit or using the external sd to run /system (cm10)? For instance... Is it possible to modify a nandroid backup to partition the internal memory in a customized manner? I would like to almost eliminate the internal "sdcard".

I would like to have:

1 Gb - /system
1 Gb - /data
512 Mb - internal sd

I am very experienced in coding in C++ but the Coby is my first stab at an Android device and I am not too terribly familiar with ADB

Thanks in advance to anyone with an answer