New Member no tablet yet need help with selection.

rap66

May 17, 2012
I am looking for a good 7 -8" tablet that I can also use for navigation. I like the looks of the Samsungs but I does not look like it has a built in GPS. I would like it to still work when I do not have a WIFI signal. What do you guys suggest?

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
i have transformer 300 and it has gps it works great.as soon as i put the 300 on the gps started working

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi rap66, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. I see you already have a couple recommendations for a tablet. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so more folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I am looking for a good 7 -8" tablet that I can also use for navigation. I like the looks of the Samsungs but I does not look like it has a built in GPS. I would like it to still work when I do not have a WIFI signal. What do you guys suggest?
Hi rap66, welcome to the forum,
for 7-8inch tablet PC i'd suggest you to have a look at the Ainol novo 7 Aurora. you can use a 3G dongle to access the internet when there's no WIFI signal. hope you'll find what you want finally! :)

rap66

May 17, 2012
Thanks for the great input. I think I am going to like this forum......

rap66

May 17, 2012
I just talked with Samsung tech support live chat. They only work if they are connected to WIFI. It will provide turn by turn direction as long as you don't very from the path as it cannot communicate with satellites unless it is connected to WIFI. It does not have a built in antenna.

joshfirst

May 19, 2012
SpeMall.com said:
Hi rap66, welcome to the forum,
for 7-8inch tablet PC i'd suggest you to have a look at the Ainol novo 7 Aurora. you can use a 3G dongle to access the internet when there's no WIFI signal. hope you'll find what you want finally! :)

Acer iconia tab has satellight GPS works great from me