New Member with a new Samsung Note 10

bocabean

Dec 10, 2012
Good evening all. This is my first post to this forum. I just became the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, which my wife has surprised me with as a gift. I have had a Droid Razr Maxx since June, along with Motorola Lapdock 500, which I purchased a short time later.

So now that I finally have a true tablet, I guess that I have to figure out what I am going to do with it. I noticed that most, but not all of my apps installed from Google Play. It appears that some will require additional licensing. Should this be the case if they are based upon the same Gmail account?

One question that I have right off the top is regarding email. I am sure that I am not alone in having several email accounts. One for Gmail, then a business account with my business' domain dot com address, and finally a few other home addresses. With the exception of the Gmail account, I have been using MailDroid on my phone with very good success. My business account is an IMAP account while the others are POP3. The IMAP account is hosted by GoDaddy.

My questions is whether I should continue to use MailDroid, or does anyone have any suggestions regarding the stock email app on the Note? I also use DejaOffice to sync my phone with my Outlook email on my Computers. The PST file is kept in the cloud.

I look forward to having great communication and support with everyone on this forum and I am pleased to have arrived.

'Bean.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Good evening Bean, congratulations on your new Galaxy Note and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 section for you, where more people with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Enjoy the new tablet and the forum!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum. There are many mail apps and you will get lots of opinions on which is best. Try searching the forum for mail apps and you should get a few threads with the discussions. You don't need to repurchase apps but more than likely you have run into a couple that can't run on Jelly Bean. Email the developers of those apps and see if updates are in the works.

JP

bocabean

Dec 10, 2012
Welcome to the forum. There are many mail apps and you will get lots of opinions on which is best. Try searching the forum for mail apps and you should get a few threads with the discussions. You don't need to repurchase apps but more than likely you have run into a couple that can't run on Jelly Bean. Email the developers of those apps and see if updates are in the works.

JP

I managed to get all of my emails up and running! Thank you.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Keep in mind there are some apps that have specific versions for phone and tablet, and if you need it you may well have to purchase it seperately. It is worth it to me if it helps spur development of tablet specific apps, but even though apps are generally inexpensive it can add up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1