New member with a question about Kai Platform

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by combat_chuck, Jun 19, 2012.

1. combat_chuck

combat_chuck Member

Hey guys, I finally took the 10 seconds and registered for the site! Mostly because I want to know exactly what the Kai platform I've been hearing about it before I go buy a tablet.

I am pretty sure I'll be getting an ASUS Transformer TF300, because I can get a used one for around $350 and it has tegra 3, which is what I want. But then I saw this stuff about Nvidia's Kai platform and how it will allow tablets to be $199. But I couldn't find any info on how that is going to be possible. Are they going to have super cheap displays that I will ultimately be dissapointed with? or is it a manufacturing process that is cheaper? or what?

THANKS!

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hey Chuck, welcome to Android Tablets. So far, we don't have much information about Nvidia's Kai platform here on the forum. If/when more details are released, the place you'll find it here will be in the Android Tablet News section of the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Xoom / HP Touchpad / Samsung Galaxy / Viewsonic gTablet
    Hello and welcome to the forum!!