New member with Le Pan TC 970

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
I have been lurking here on and off for months in my quest for knowledge.

Decided to buy the above due to price and user reviews. Did not want to go high-end due to the ever changing hardware/software scenerio.

I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Mode de Vie Overview , Le Pan

ZippoParis

Sep 23, 2011
Hi,

I made the horrid mistake and bought one, too. I've had nothing but trouble with it. Le Pan support, isn't! They don't reply to emails, firmware links are non existent.

I have a 32GB card in it: I copy files (PDF -- which just happens to be the manual from the Le Pan site -- html and some images) to it. I safely disconnect from my pc, turn the USB off on the tablet. It searches for new files (I guess) and when I go looking for the folders and files, they're missing. I reconnect through USB and yeap, they're gone. Has anyone had any success with this piece of [censored]!!! Has anyone been able to upgrade to anything better?

What is this tablet?

Cheers.

supersandwich

Nov 10, 2011
I've had my LePan TC 970 for about a week and I'm loving it so far. Mine arrived with the latest firmware (4431) and Netflix and the Android market work fine. Can't customize the launcher yet. . . still trying to figure out how to root. But overall, the tablet looks great, is very responsive, and the battery life is amazing.

The only frustrating thing about the tablet is the lack of information online. I haven't needed tech support, but other forums say the company has been very responsive. I'll report more as I learn.

ZippoParis

Sep 23, 2011
@supersandwich

All the best, man. The company is non existent. I've sent numerous emails to the support link, and to date? Nothing, no reply, nothing.

The tablet does have a great battery life, it is responsive, find a firmware update button/link/applet? Not a chance.

If you find a way to root it, please, post it here?

Cheers and good luck.

fuzzmanks

Nov 27, 2011
I just ordered a TC970 myself. It should arrive in 2 to 3 days. It will be my first experience with an Android product. Paid $199 at Amazon. I did a quick search for support forums for the Le Pan and this is about the only one I found.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ZippoParis, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new tablet. The best way to get help would be to post your questions in the Android Tablet Q&A section. Good luck!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello supersandwich, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice to hear you're enjoying the tablet and I'm glad you decided to join the forum.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi fuzzmanks, congratulations on your new TC970 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of the forum. We don't have a section specifically for the LePan tablets, so if you need information or have questions, go to the Android Tablet Q&A section and post your questions there.

Cowboy1

Sep 22, 2011
I have this tablet and it works fine and have emailed support a couple times with questions and had a response the same day. I just found this on XDA forums about getting this rooted Root Achieved for Le Pan TC 970 - xda-developers
Also I have run several different launchers all you need to do is find the apk online and install it instead of through the market because most of them don't show up to download in the market. I will be trying this root method myself when I get home from work today. I found Go Launcher to be a bit laggy, I personally didn't like Launcher Pro, and ended up using Zeam Launcher which runs and responds nicely.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Cowboy1, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new TC 970. Glad to hear you're making progress with it and thank you for sharing that useful information with the group here. That's what makes the forum work, get help when you need it and give help whenever you can.:cool:

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Thanks for that link, Cowboy1. Much appreciated. I just ordered mine today - I am chomping at the bit waiting for it to get here. There's a lot of good info in that thread, not just about the root, either. The USB-To-Computer thing may end up being an issue, but I have a card reader on my PC, so shouldn't need the USB too much, hopefully.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to Android Tablets Sir_Cusfreak, nice of you to join us here as a member of the forum. Glad you've already received some information that will help you with your new Le Pan.

fuzzmanks

Nov 27, 2011
Since it appears that the TC970 will use some accessories designed for the iPad1 I thought I would mention that my local Wal-Mart Superstore had a clearance isle within the electronics department. There were several items designed to fit the iPad1 such as cases, stand covers, screen protectors, etc. priced at 50% off for most items.