dadto7

Mar 9, 2013
I just found your forum while searching for a way to root my tablet. I fell into the trap of buying a Chinese clone so now I'm basically without support I originally ordered an Eken A90 but was shipped a Soulycin S5. Emails from the seller "True&Resolute Technology" claims the Soulycin is the same hardware as the Eken but with some bugs removed.

The write-ups I read claim this is a good tablet but it is very slow for me and I have Wifi and battery issues so I want to investigate replacing the Chinese version of Android to see if updated software/firmware will help. There seems to be a lot of info in this forum so my search should be interesting for instructions on how to safely root my tablet. I like to be cautious so I'll be looking for a good way to backup up the entire system before rooting.

THX, Nick

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Nick, welcome to the forum, glad you joined up. And you may not get much from a different version of Android so you may just want to look at a better tablet. just mo A slow tabledt may always be pretty slow no matter what.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Nick, congratulations on your new Soulycin tablet and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. Just click that link and you'll be there. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!