New MID owner with account & USB problems

parking

Oct 20, 2011
Hi all,
I am the owner of a new MID with android 2.2, purchased on ebay.

My purpose for buying was mainly for my wife to use as an ereader, and check emails etc. Nothing too hard I hope, but I am stumbling at the first hurdle.
I have a htc phone with android myself, and am using Aldiko to read some books on it, so I thought i would get Aldiko for the MID.

So I go to the app market icon on the home screen and try to login to my google account (I presume it is my google account they are asking for - please confirm). When I press login I get "password incorrect". When I ask for"forgot password" I get an empty email from google - most strange.
So I decided to set up a new gmail account for my wife on my PC, and then use this address and password for the tablet, then I get an "Authentication error please check username and password"
Not sure where to go from here.
\
My next problem is transferring files from USB stick to tablet.
I have made a copy of some small files on PC onto USB stick. I plug the USB stick into the u-disk, but when I use the tablet file explorer to locate the u-disk it says "empty folder"
Not sure where to go from here either.

Please be gentle with me, for I know not too much about what I do.

parking

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Is this the coby kyros mid xxxx? If so you need to set it to USB host mode. Do that in advanced settings and take checkbout of USB mode box. As for the app store. They come with applib which is NOT GOOGLE MARKET. you will need to put Google market on it so you can login with your Google account. Check out the Coby generation two forums oh this site. They will have everything you need to know including ways to make your tablet work better. I would link them but I'm not on my computer.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

parking

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for the reply pickupman. While our tablets are probably similar they don't seem to be exactly the same. But I can't even say that for sure because the seller tells me the manufacturer "lost android market in the firmware", whatever that means, so I will need a firmware update to see what I have really got here. I am certain I will have more problems later.
parking

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply pickupman. While our tablets are probably similar they don't seem to be exactly the same. But I can't even say that for sure because the seller tells me the manufacturer "lost android market in the firmware", whatever that means, so I will need a firmware update to see what I have really got here. I am certain I will have more problems later.
parking

Wow...lost the market.......lmfao! Look on back bwhat does it say for model#

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

parking

Oct 20, 2011
The back is as smooth as a baby's bum, not a word on it.
The seller is offering to supply an upgrade or do it if i post it back. He is only about 50 miles away so I might take it to him and make sure it all works OK. I am sure it must be similar to yours though. advertised as

7" ePad 10GB Google Android 2.2 WiFi UMPC MID Tablet PC With Keyboard Case Black