New NATPC M009S won't power up

poisondwarf

Apr 29, 2012
Hi,

My tablet arrived yesterday (with no manual) and worked fine straight out of the box. Spent the whole evening loading apps etc with no problems. It was very sluggish this morning and couldn't exit the screen I was on so I reached for the off button. It turned off instantly rather than asking whether I wanted to shut down.

Since then nothing at all. The screen stays black no matter what, but occasionally I hear a little sound as if it's turning itself off. The battery was fully charged.

I've kind of tried the reset button but to be honest I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it. Unlike other reset buttons I've come across it just seems to be a hole and I end up poking around inside the device.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Stormium

Apr 20, 2012
There is a tiny button inside that reset hole but I agree you do tend to feel like you're reaching into nothing! It tends to be directly in the centre, get a pin and have another go. Otherwise I fear it may be a battery issue, units I've handled before with a dead battery tend to sound like they're starting up then nothing happens. Sounds like an RMA job if the reset doesn't fix it.

poisondwarf

Apr 29, 2012
There is a tiny button inside that reset hole but I agree you do tend to feel like you're reaching into nothing! It tends to be directly in the centre, get a pin and have another go. Otherwise I fear it may be a battery issue, units I've handled before with a dead battery tend to sound like they're starting up then nothing happens. Sounds like an RMA job if the reset doesn't fix it.

Thanks for your reply - I've had a real good poke around with a pin a good 20 or 30 times and pressed down on anything I can find but I can't say any of them feel like a button (and more to the point none of them did anything). How deep do you usually have to go with the pin? A couple of millimetres? 1cm? 2cm? Also how long do you need to hold it down for? And does the power cable need to be plugged in or does it not matter? I think I have tried pretty much every combination of the above but if there is a particular trick I'd love to know.

Also - sorry to be a dunce but does RMA mean return to manufacturer? I'm starting to think that that's what I'll end up doing. Looking back on when it initially occurred it shut down so quickly it felt more like some kind of short circuit than it going into sleep mode or whatever.

I was hoping to avoid sending it back as I bought it from ebellking.com which I didn't realise was a Hong Kong site and don't particularly want to be saddled with the cost of returning it. If that does end up happening I'm not sure what the chances are I'll get another dodgy one.

poisondwarf

Apr 29, 2012
Try holding power buttun down at the same time as either vol+ or vol- one or other might work.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Thanks for the reply. I had come across the vol- suggestion elsewhere but not vol+. Neither worked in this case though unfortunately.

Stormium

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for your reply - I've had a real good poke around with a pin a good 20 or 30 times and pressed down on anything I can find but I can't say any of them feel like a button (and more to the point none of them did anything). How deep do you usually have to go with the pin? A couple of millimetres? 1cm? 2cm? Also how long do you need to hold it down for? And does the power cable need to be plugged in or does it not matter? I think I have tried pretty much every combination of the above but if there is a particular trick I'd love to know.

Also - sorry to be a dunce but does RMA mean return to manufacturer? I'm starting to think that that's what I'll end up doing. Looking back on when it initially occurred it shut down so quickly it felt more like some kind of short circuit than it going into sleep mode or whatever.

I was hoping to avoid sending it back as I bought it from ebellking.com which I didn't realise was a Hong Kong site and don't particularly want to be saddled with the cost of returning it. If that does end up happening I'm not sure what the chances are I'll get another dodgy one.

RMA stands for return merchandise authorisation, basically yeah it's send back to the guy you bought it from!

I actually had to go far further in with the pin than I would have liked, but to be honest if you can't find it after that much trying it probably isn't worth it. Sending it back is your best option at this point. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news!

subbu

May 16, 2012
I am really frustrating with ebellking purchase. I bought the NATPC M009s from them as i thought it would be cheapest one. But finally after 1 week, i received tabled and tried to turn on but it doesnt. I kept charging for 6 hrs but it doesnt turn on at all. I returned for them.

I bought it for 89.99.
I received it on 9th May,
I returned it on 11th may.
They received in UK address on 12th May (i sent by speedpost by paying £7.50).
they refuned £74.99. I mailed so many times no respond from them.
so logged dispute with PAYPAL as luckly i paid through them...it is still being dealt by paypal people....i have wait and see..

But i never going recommand ebellking to purchase any tablets from them....

Caab

Jun 4, 2012
i have a sort of same problem.

I pressed the round silver button that had previously been set to go back to home page and suddenly the Tablet switched itself off.

I tried pressing the on button on the right side of screen next to the dc in socket but nothing happened. I then tried using the hard reset button on the back of the unit and noticed a flash of light from the screen then it went out but then the green Android robot showed on the screen for like 15 seconds then the blue lettering with 'Android' came on screen with 3 sweeps of a light blue color swept over the lettering then the screen went black again. Later on I checked out what the flash of light was from the screen only to notice it was the home page coming up for 2 seconds then turning off again.

Can any one tell me what to do know I tried the reset & on button but than he doesnt do anything...

and when i turned it on like you normaly do, it's just only show's adroid, it's like he is nog getting further than that..

PLEASE help me, im just a woman who want's to get on here Android
:p

Thanks very much!!!
HOpe that any one can help me?!!
:eek: